Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
Published: April 23,2014
BOONEVILLE — Acco Brands will add a 162-employee call center at its Booneville factory and distribution center.
The company announced the $1.6 million investment yesterday. The state of Mississippi will give Acco $150,000 to modify a building, and the Tennessee Valley Authority will also assist.
The company, based in Lake Zurich, Ill., makes office supplies under various brands including Mead, Swingline, Five Star and Day Runner. It has more than 500 full-time employees in Booneville.
Acco spent $55 million to renovate and expand its distribution center in Booneville in 2008, getting at least $3.3 million in state and federal aid and adding 300 jobs at the time.
“Since the opening of our state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility in 2008, we have moved a variety of manufacturing and customer care positions into Booneville from China, Canada and other U.S. locations,” Acco Senior Vice President Mark Gams said in a statement. “We are always looking for opportunities to take advantage of the well-trained and well-educated workforce defining Mississippi as a business destination.”
The company makes dry erase boards, cork boards, ring binders and specialty binders in Booneville. A predecessor opened a factory 1969 and Acco took over in 2005.
The distribution center is one of three nationwide for Acco.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015