Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
Published: April 23,2014
BOONEVILLE — Acco Brands will add a 162-employee call center at its Booneville factory and distribution center.
The company announced the $1.6 million investment yesterday. The state of Mississippi will give Acco $150,000 to modify a building, and the Tennessee Valley Authority will also assist.
The company, based in Lake Zurich, Ill., makes office supplies under various brands including Mead, Swingline, Five Star and Day Runner. It has more than 500 full-time employees in Booneville.
Acco spent $55 million to renovate and expand its distribution center in Booneville in 2008, getting at least $3.3 million in state and federal aid and adding 300 jobs at the time.
“Since the opening of our state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility in 2008, we have moved a variety of manufacturing and customer care positions into Booneville from China, Canada and other U.S. locations,” Acco Senior Vice President Mark Gams said in a statement. “We are always looking for opportunities to take advantage of the well-trained and well-educated workforce defining Mississippi as a business destination.”
The company makes dry erase boards, cork boards, ring binders and specialty binders in Booneville. A predecessor opened a factory 1969 and Acco took over in 2005.
The distribution center is one of three nationwide for Acco.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval