Flowers, Townsend confirmed for parole board
The Mississippi Senate has confirmed two members of the state Parole Board. Nehemiah Flowers Jr. and Butch Townsend were nominated to the five-member board last year by Gov. Phil Bryant. The two Brandon residents have been serving while awaiting confirmation.
Flowers is a former U.S. marshal for the southern half of Mississippi, and Townsend is a former Pearl police chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)