Flowers, Townsend confirmed for parole board
The Mississippi Senate has confirmed two members of the state Parole Board. Nehemiah Flowers Jr. and Butch Townsend were nominated to the five-member board last year by Gov. Phil Bryant. The two Brandon residents have been serving while awaiting confirmation.
Flowers is a former U.S. marshal for the southern half of Mississippi, and Townsend is a former Pearl police chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity