Flowers, Townsend confirmed for parole board
The Mississippi Senate has confirmed two members of the state Parole Board. Nehemiah Flowers Jr. and Butch Townsend were nominated to the five-member board last year by Gov. Phil Bryant. The two Brandon residents have been serving while awaiting confirmation.
Flowers is a former U.S. marshal for the southern half of Mississippi, and Townsend is a former Pearl police chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics