Flowers, Townsend confirmed for parole board
The Mississippi Senate has confirmed two members of the state Parole Board. Nehemiah Flowers Jr. and Butch Townsend were nominated to the five-member board last year by Gov. Phil Bryant. The two Brandon residents have been serving while awaiting confirmation.
Flowers is a former U.S. marshal for the southern half of Mississippi, and Townsend is a former Pearl police chief.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal