Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
Published: April 23,2014
GULFPORT — Businessman David Comstock is planning to transform part of the Seaway Marine Center in the Bernard Bayou Industrial Park in Gulfport into a multi-million dollar gun range.
“There’s a demand all over the country for this type of venue,” Comstock said yesterday after the city council amended local zoning rules to allow shooting ranges in the area.
“And now that we’ve got a defined location that we’re going to, we’ll finish the business plan and get it up and get it going very quickly,” said Comstock.
Plans for the 26,500 square feet of space include eight lanes of shooting range, 3,000 square feet of retail space, and a training area. Comstock said the trainer lined up to work at the gun range has even offered to train Gulfport police for free.
Comstock said his range will be a box within a box inside the metal storage building and will be virtually soundproof. The business will include a retail store with guns, ammo and other merchandise. A classroom and archery range will be on the second floor.
Comstock said $4 million to $5 million will be invested. The business will employ about 24 people.
Comstock hopes to have a grand opening in less than nine months.
Comstock is negotiating for property in Stone County where he hopes to build an outdoor range. Harrison County denied his request for a permit for an outdoor range.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters