Advisories lifted on three Coast beaches by MDEQ
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 24,2014
Tags: advisory, beach, Beach Monitoring Program, environment, Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality, Mississippi Gulf Coast, pollution, public health, public sdafety, tourism, tourist, water
HANCOCK COUNTY and HARRISON COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted three water contact advisories for three beach monitoring stations.
The advisories were lifted for the following stations in Hancock County:
• Station 1-Lakeshore Beach, which extends from the Sliver Slipper Casino eastward to the jetty west of Poinset Avenue
• Station 3-Waveland Beach, which extends from Oak Boulevard east to Favre Street.
MDEQ also lifted the advisory in Harrison County for Station 7A-Long Beach, which extends from Oak Gardens Avenue east to South Girard Avenue.
Water samples at these stations show the areas have attained acceptable bacteria levels. The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling of the Mississippi Gulf Coast beaches for MDEQ, notifies the agency when an area returns to acceptable levels and safe conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Advisories lifted on three Coast beaches by MDEQ”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet