David Hayhurst chosen as dean at USM
Dr. David T. Hayhurst is the new dean of the College of Science and Technology at the University of Southern Mississippi. Hayhurst, who has more than 35 years of experience in higher education, previously served as dean of the College of Engineering at both San Diego State University (2002-2013) and the University of South Alabama (1992-2002). A Massachusetts native, Hayhurst also served as chair of the Department of Chemical Engineering at Cleveland State University (1985-1991).
He will begin his new role at Southern Miss on August 15.
Hayhurst earned his undergraduate in chemical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, his master’s degree in chemical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his doctorate in chemical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports