David Hayhurst chosen as dean at USM
Dr. David T. Hayhurst is the new dean of the College of Science and Technology at the University of Southern Mississippi. Hayhurst, who has more than 35 years of experience in higher education, previously served as dean of the College of Engineering at both San Diego State University (2002-2013) and the University of South Alabama (1992-2002). A Massachusetts native, Hayhurst also served as chair of the Department of Chemical Engineering at Cleveland State University (1985-1991).
He will begin his new role at Southern Miss on August 15.
Hayhurst earned his undergraduate in chemical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, his master’s degree in chemical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his doctorate in chemical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar