David Hayhurst chosen as dean at USM
Dr. David T. Hayhurst is the new dean of the College of Science and Technology at the University of Southern Mississippi. Hayhurst, who has more than 35 years of experience in higher education, previously served as dean of the College of Engineering at both San Diego State University (2002-2013) and the University of South Alabama (1992-2002). A Massachusetts native, Hayhurst also served as chair of the Department of Chemical Engineering at Cleveland State University (1985-1991).
He will begin his new role at Southern Miss on August 15.
Hayhurst earned his undergraduate in chemical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, his master’s degree in chemical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his doctorate in chemical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending