David Hayhurst chosen as dean at USM
Dr. David T. Hayhurst is the new dean of the College of Science and Technology at the University of Southern Mississippi. Hayhurst, who has more than 35 years of experience in higher education, previously served as dean of the College of Engineering at both San Diego State University (2002-2013) and the University of South Alabama (1992-2002). A Massachusetts native, Hayhurst also served as chair of the Department of Chemical Engineering at Cleveland State University (1985-1991).
He will begin his new role at Southern Miss on August 15.
Hayhurst earned his undergraduate in chemical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, his master’s degree in chemical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his doctorate in chemical engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap