Larry Porter receives Gulf States Shipbuilders Consortium Navigator Award
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College master trainer Larry Porter recently received the Gulf States Shipbuilders Consortium (GSSC) Navigator Award in Biloxi. Porter oversees the welding and maritime programs at MGCCC.
Porter was recognized because of his leadership resulting in training and placing approximately 670 welders in the shipbuilding/maritime industry in the past year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar