Larry Porter receives Gulf States Shipbuilders Consortium Navigator Award
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College master trainer Larry Porter recently received the Gulf States Shipbuilders Consortium (GSSC) Navigator Award in Biloxi. Porter oversees the welding and maritime programs at MGCCC.
Porter was recognized because of his leadership resulting in training and placing approximately 670 welders in the shipbuilding/maritime industry in the past year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs