Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station recognizes Raja Reddy and Brett Rushing
The Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station recently honored members of the Mississippi State University faculty and staff for outstanding research, service and facility maintenance. Fei Yu, a MAFES scientist and assistant professor in the MSU Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, received the 2014 Excellence in Research Award sponsored by Mississippi Land Bank. Yu also received the MAFES Grantsmanship Award for amassing more than $4.5 million in grants. Yu’s research in conversion techniques for biofuels is nationally and internationally recognized. He has three patents pending, and his technology for converting syngas to diesel or jet fuel shows tremendous commercial potential.
Raja Reddy, research professor in the Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, received the Outstanding Scientific Publication Award. Published in the Agronomy Journal, his article describes a mathematical approach to measuring corn growth and development in relation to environmental conditions.
Brett Rushing, a research associate in the Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, received the Research Staff Award for his outstanding scientific contributions. Rushing is the co-inventor of three native grass varieties under evaluation in alternative fuel development studies.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station recognizes Raja Reddy and Brett Rushing”
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on