Delta mayor dies after less than three months in office
Published: April 28,2014
HOLLANDALE — Hollandale Mayor Freddie Love died Friday at a Jackson hospital from complications of a respiratory condition. He was 67.
Love had been in office less than three months. Love was elected in a special election in January to replace late Mayor Melvin Willis Sr., who died in office in November.
Family members say Love was treated at Delta Regional Medical Center in March for pneumonia. He was transferred two weeks ago to Baptist Hospital in Jackson, where his condition worsened.
Love was the pastor of True Life Outreach Ministry in Hollandale and a former alderman.
Love is survived by his wife, Doris; six sons and four daughters.
Funeral services are pending.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete