Delta mayor dies after less than three months in office
Published: April 28,2014
HOLLANDALE — Hollandale Mayor Freddie Love died Friday at a Jackson hospital from complications of a respiratory condition. He was 67.
Love had been in office less than three months. Love was elected in a special election in January to replace late Mayor Melvin Willis Sr., who died in office in November.
Family members say Love was treated at Delta Regional Medical Center in March for pneumonia. He was transferred two weeks ago to Baptist Hospital in Jackson, where his condition worsened.
Love was the pastor of True Life Outreach Ministry in Hollandale and a former alderman.
Love is survived by his wife, Doris; six sons and four daughters.
Funeral services are pending.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson