Delta mayor dies after less than three months in office
Published: April 28,2014
HOLLANDALE — Hollandale Mayor Freddie Love died Friday at a Jackson hospital from complications of a respiratory condition. He was 67.
Love had been in office less than three months. Love was elected in a special election in January to replace late Mayor Melvin Willis Sr., who died in office in November.
Family members say Love was treated at Delta Regional Medical Center in March for pneumonia. He was transferred two weeks ago to Baptist Hospital in Jackson, where his condition worsened.
Love was the pastor of True Life Outreach Ministry in Hollandale and a former alderman.
Love is survived by his wife, Doris; six sons and four daughters.
Funeral services are pending.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access