Delta mayor dies after less than three months in office
Published: April 28,2014
HOLLANDALE — Hollandale Mayor Freddie Love died Friday at a Jackson hospital from complications of a respiratory condition. He was 67.
Love had been in office less than three months. Love was elected in a special election in January to replace late Mayor Melvin Willis Sr., who died in office in November.
Family members say Love was treated at Delta Regional Medical Center in March for pneumonia. He was transferred two weeks ago to Baptist Hospital in Jackson, where his condition worsened.
Love was the pastor of True Life Outreach Ministry in Hollandale and a former alderman.
Love is survived by his wife, Doris; six sons and four daughters.
Funeral services are pending.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow