Delta mayor dies after less than three months in office
Published: April 28,2014
HOLLANDALE — Hollandale Mayor Freddie Love died Friday at a Jackson hospital from complications of a respiratory condition. He was 67.
Love had been in office less than three months. Love was elected in a special election in January to replace late Mayor Melvin Willis Sr., who died in office in November.
Family members say Love was treated at Delta Regional Medical Center in March for pneumonia. He was transferred two weeks ago to Baptist Hospital in Jackson, where his condition worsened.
Love was the pastor of True Life Outreach Ministry in Hollandale and a former alderman.
Love is survived by his wife, Doris; six sons and four daughters.
Funeral services are pending.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines