The First sees earnings increase, declares dividend
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 29,2014
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ: FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has reported earnings for the first quarter ended March 31.
Net income available to common stockholders for the three months ended March 31 amounted to $1,321,000, or $0.25 per diluted share, compared to $1,119,000, or $0.35 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2013, an increase of $202,000, or 18.1 percent, in net income available to common stockholders with a decrease of $0.10 per diluted share due to an increase in average common shares outstanding associated with the capital raise in 2013.
The First Bancshares also announced a quarterly dividend of $.0375 per common share. The record date will be May 6, 2014 with a payable date of May 20, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The First sees earnings increase, declares dividend”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment