The First sees earnings increase, declares dividend
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 29,2014
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ: FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has reported earnings for the first quarter ended March 31.
Net income available to common stockholders for the three months ended March 31 amounted to $1,321,000, or $0.25 per diluted share, compared to $1,119,000, or $0.35 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2013, an increase of $202,000, or 18.1 percent, in net income available to common stockholders with a decrease of $0.10 per diluted share due to an increase in average common shares outstanding associated with the capital raise in 2013.
The First Bancshares also announced a quarterly dividend of $.0375 per common share. The record date will be May 6, 2014 with a payable date of May 20, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The First sees earnings increase, declares dividend”
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi