The First sees earnings increase, declares dividend
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 29,2014
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ: FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has reported earnings for the first quarter ended March 31.
Net income available to common stockholders for the three months ended March 31 amounted to $1,321,000, or $0.25 per diluted share, compared to $1,119,000, or $0.35 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2013, an increase of $202,000, or 18.1 percent, in net income available to common stockholders with a decrease of $0.10 per diluted share due to an increase in average common shares outstanding associated with the capital raise in 2013.
The First Bancshares also announced a quarterly dividend of $.0375 per common share. The record date will be May 6, 2014 with a payable date of May 20, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The First sees earnings increase, declares dividend”
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life