The First sees earnings increase, declares dividend
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 29,2014
HATTIESBURG — The First Bancshares Inc. (NASDAQ: FBMS), holding company for The First, A National Banking Association, has reported earnings for the first quarter ended March 31.
Net income available to common stockholders for the three months ended March 31 amounted to $1,321,000, or $0.25 per diluted share, compared to $1,119,000, or $0.35 per diluted share for the same quarter in 2013, an increase of $202,000, or 18.1 percent, in net income available to common stockholders with a decrease of $0.10 per diluted share due to an increase in average common shares outstanding associated with the capital raise in 2013.
The First Bancshares also announced a quarterly dividend of $.0375 per common share. The record date will be May 6, 2014 with a payable date of May 20, 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “The First sees earnings increase, declares dividend”
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs