Mid-South Fair officials decide to stay in Mississippi
Published: April 29,2014
SOUTHAVEN — The Mid-South Fair will stay in Southaven for five more years.
The city and fair organizers signed an agreement this past week. The 158th annual event will be at the Landers Center facilities from Sept. 19 to Sept. 28.
This will be the final year of the current agreement. The new deal will start with the 2015 event and continue for five years.
The Mid-South Fair came to Southaven in 2009 when it left its long-standing location near the Liberty Bowl Stadium and the now-vacant Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis.
At the time, it was said the fair was only temporarily in Southaven as it planned to construct a new permanent home in Tunica. However, those plans never materialized and Southaven has become its home.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mid-South Fair officials decide to stay in Mississippi”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'