Mid-South Fair officials decide to stay in Mississippi
Published: April 29,2014
SOUTHAVEN — The Mid-South Fair will stay in Southaven for five more years.
The city and fair organizers signed an agreement this past week. The 158th annual event will be at the Landers Center facilities from Sept. 19 to Sept. 28.
This will be the final year of the current agreement. The new deal will start with the 2015 event and continue for five years.
The Mid-South Fair came to Southaven in 2009 when it left its long-standing location near the Liberty Bowl Stadium and the now-vacant Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis.
At the time, it was said the fair was only temporarily in Southaven as it planned to construct a new permanent home in Tunica. However, those plans never materialized and Southaven has become its home.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mid-South Fair officials decide to stay in Mississippi”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot