Mid-South Fair officials decide to stay in Mississippi
Published: April 29,2014
SOUTHAVEN — The Mid-South Fair will stay in Southaven for five more years.
The city and fair organizers signed an agreement this past week. The 158th annual event will be at the Landers Center facilities from Sept. 19 to Sept. 28.
This will be the final year of the current agreement. The new deal will start with the 2015 event and continue for five years.
The Mid-South Fair came to Southaven in 2009 when it left its long-standing location near the Liberty Bowl Stadium and the now-vacant Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis.
At the time, it was said the fair was only temporarily in Southaven as it planned to construct a new permanent home in Tunica. However, those plans never materialized and Southaven has become its home.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mid-South Fair officials decide to stay in Mississippi”
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not