MDES: Unemployment Insurance available to storm victims
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2014
JACKSON — Anyone temporarily or permanently unemployed as a result of this week’s storms may apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits on the Mississippi Department of Employment Security’s website at mdes.ms.gov.
Each claim will be verified using regular processes to determine individual eligibility.
All WIN Job Centers are open and computers are available for individuals to use for filing UI claims and searching for jobs.
Information about MDES programs and services is available 24 hours a day on the agency website at mdes.ms.gov, or during business hours at 1-888-844-3577.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- BLAKE WILSON: Danny Mitchell was a remarkable business leader, a better friend
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail