MDES: Unemployment Insurance available to storm victims
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2014
JACKSON — Anyone temporarily or permanently unemployed as a result of this week’s storms may apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits on the Mississippi Department of Employment Security’s website at mdes.ms.gov.
Each claim will be verified using regular processes to determine individual eligibility.
All WIN Job Centers are open and computers are available for individuals to use for filing UI claims and searching for jobs.
Information about MDES programs and services is available 24 hours a day on the agency website at mdes.ms.gov, or during business hours at 1-888-844-3577.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast