MDES: Unemployment Insurance available to storm victims
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2014
JACKSON — Anyone temporarily or permanently unemployed as a result of this week’s storms may apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits on the Mississippi Department of Employment Security’s website at mdes.ms.gov.
Each claim will be verified using regular processes to determine individual eligibility.
All WIN Job Centers are open and computers are available for individuals to use for filing UI claims and searching for jobs.
Information about MDES programs and services is available 24 hours a day on the agency website at mdes.ms.gov, or during business hours at 1-888-844-3577.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau