MDES: Unemployment Insurance available to storm victims
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2014
JACKSON — Anyone temporarily or permanently unemployed as a result of this week’s storms may apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits on the Mississippi Department of Employment Security’s website at mdes.ms.gov.
Each claim will be verified using regular processes to determine individual eligibility.
All WIN Job Centers are open and computers are available for individuals to use for filing UI claims and searching for jobs.
Information about MDES programs and services is available 24 hours a day on the agency website at mdes.ms.gov, or during business hours at 1-888-844-3577.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love