MDES: Unemployment Insurance available to storm victims
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2014
JACKSON — Anyone temporarily or permanently unemployed as a result of this week’s storms may apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits on the Mississippi Department of Employment Security’s website at mdes.ms.gov.
Each claim will be verified using regular processes to determine individual eligibility.
All WIN Job Centers are open and computers are available for individuals to use for filing UI claims and searching for jobs.
Information about MDES programs and services is available 24 hours a day on the agency website at mdes.ms.gov, or during business hours at 1-888-844-3577.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force