USM enters licensing agreement with INCONTROL
by MBJ Staff
Published: April 30,2014
Tags: Chase Kasper, education, INCONTROL< Simulation Sollutions, license agreement, National Center for Spectator Sports and Security, Office of Technology Development, software, technology, University of Southern Mississippi
HATTIESBURG — The University of Southern Mississippi has granted an exclusive license to an international company for multiple pieces of USM proprietary intellectual property to be used in software development to produce custom simulation modeling and training systems for sport stadiums, arenas and other venues.
INCONTROL Simulation Solutions, a Netherlands-based firm, will use the computer-based simulation training system, SportEvac, which can be directly applied in the sport security industry. The system was developed National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4) at USM through a multi-year research effort.
Chase Kasper, director of the USM Office of Technology Development, which oversees the intellectual property and licensing portfolio for USM, said that the company intends to integrate USM’s system into a segment of INCONTROL’s current products and services.
“INCONTROL is a global leader in crowd management and crowd management control systems,” Kasper said. “We are excited about their capabilities and potential product offerings which will incorporate the by-products of many years of quality research efforts at NCS4. The relationship will create even greater opportunities for USM and INCONTROL in the future.
In July 2013, INCONTROL opened a new office in Hattiesburg, and currently operates out of the Trent Lott National Center for Economic Development and Entrepreneurship on the USM campus.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “USM enters licensing agreement with INCONTROL”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast