Ben Dedwylder named police chief at USM Gulf Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
Ben Dedwylder, a veteran Gulf Coast law enforcement officer, has been chosen to lead the police department at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast. Dedwylder, who was the assistant superintendent of security at Southern Miss Gulf Coast, was promoted to lieutenant and head of the Gulf Coast division of University Police. He will manage operations at Gulf Park, Point Cadet and Cedar Point.
Dedwylder’s experience includes stints with the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office and the city of Long Beach Police Department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey