Ben Dedwylder named police chief at USM Gulf Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
Ben Dedwylder, a veteran Gulf Coast law enforcement officer, has been chosen to lead the police department at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast. Dedwylder, who was the assistant superintendent of security at Southern Miss Gulf Coast, was promoted to lieutenant and head of the Gulf Coast division of University Police. He will manage operations at Gulf Park, Point Cadet and Cedar Point.
Dedwylder’s experience includes stints with the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office and the city of Long Beach Police Department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'