Ben Dedwylder named police chief at USM Gulf Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
Ben Dedwylder, a veteran Gulf Coast law enforcement officer, has been chosen to lead the police department at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast. Dedwylder, who was the assistant superintendent of security at Southern Miss Gulf Coast, was promoted to lieutenant and head of the Gulf Coast division of University Police. He will manage operations at Gulf Park, Point Cadet and Cedar Point.
Dedwylder’s experience includes stints with the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office and the city of Long Beach Police Department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal