Ben Dedwylder named police chief at USM Gulf Coast
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
Ben Dedwylder, a veteran Gulf Coast law enforcement officer, has been chosen to lead the police department at the University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast. Dedwylder, who was the assistant superintendent of security at Southern Miss Gulf Coast, was promoted to lieutenant and head of the Gulf Coast division of University Police. He will manage operations at Gulf Park, Point Cadet and Cedar Point.
Dedwylder’s experience includes stints with the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office and the city of Long Beach Police Department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth