DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
GULF OF MEXICO — Officials with the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources have extended the 2013-2014 shrimp season in all waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway in Mississippi territorial waters.
These waters will be open to shrimping beginning at 12:01 a.m. today and will close at 6 a.m., May 10. All other Mississippi territorial waters remain closed to shrimping.
If, during routine shrimp sampling by the MDMR, there is an indication that large numbers of juvenile brown shrimp are moving into this area, the shrimp season may be closed earlier than 6 a.m. May 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program