DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
GULF OF MEXICO — Officials with the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources have extended the 2013-2014 shrimp season in all waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway in Mississippi territorial waters.
These waters will be open to shrimping beginning at 12:01 a.m. today and will close at 6 a.m., May 10. All other Mississippi territorial waters remain closed to shrimping.
If, during routine shrimp sampling by the MDMR, there is an indication that large numbers of juvenile brown shrimp are moving into this area, the shrimp season may be closed earlier than 6 a.m. May 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015