DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
GULF OF MEXICO — Officials with the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources have extended the 2013-2014 shrimp season in all waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway in Mississippi territorial waters.
These waters will be open to shrimping beginning at 12:01 a.m. today and will close at 6 a.m., May 10. All other Mississippi territorial waters remain closed to shrimping.
If, during routine shrimp sampling by the MDMR, there is an indication that large numbers of juvenile brown shrimp are moving into this area, the shrimp season may be closed earlier than 6 a.m. May 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi