DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
GULF OF MEXICO — Officials with the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources have extended the 2013-2014 shrimp season in all waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway in Mississippi territorial waters.
These waters will be open to shrimping beginning at 12:01 a.m. today and will close at 6 a.m., May 10. All other Mississippi territorial waters remain closed to shrimping.
If, during routine shrimp sampling by the MDMR, there is an indication that large numbers of juvenile brown shrimp are moving into this area, the shrimp season may be closed earlier than 6 a.m. May 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Community Bank names new officers
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams