DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
GULF OF MEXICO — Officials with the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources have extended the 2013-2014 shrimp season in all waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway in Mississippi territorial waters.
These waters will be open to shrimping beginning at 12:01 a.m. today and will close at 6 a.m., May 10. All other Mississippi territorial waters remain closed to shrimping.
If, during routine shrimp sampling by the MDMR, there is an indication that large numbers of juvenile brown shrimp are moving into this area, the shrimp season may be closed earlier than 6 a.m. May 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DMR elects to extend shrimp season through May 10”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials