Dr. Yolanda Powell-Young named dean of nursing on Alcorn’s Natchez campus
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
Alcorn State welcomes Dr. Yolanda Powell-Young as new dean of nursing on the Natchez campus. Powell-Young has been in the nursing field for 21 years, 12 of which has been dedicated to educating both practicing and aspiring nurses. She has been an investigative member of funded research totaling more than $7 million. Her most recent studies included a National Institute of Health funded project investigating the determinants of inflammation and effect of intervention among African-American adolescent females with metabolic risk factors for diabetes and heart disease in Sudanese families.
Powell-Young completed her baccalaureate at Grambling State University and her master’s at Northwestern State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'