Dr. Yolanda Powell-Young named dean of nursing on Alcorn’s Natchez campus
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
Alcorn State welcomes Dr. Yolanda Powell-Young as new dean of nursing on the Natchez campus. Powell-Young has been in the nursing field for 21 years, 12 of which has been dedicated to educating both practicing and aspiring nurses. She has been an investigative member of funded research totaling more than $7 million. Her most recent studies included a National Institute of Health funded project investigating the determinants of inflammation and effect of intervention among African-American adolescent females with metabolic risk factors for diabetes and heart disease in Sudanese families.
Powell-Young completed her baccalaureate at Grambling State University and her master’s at Northwestern State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life