Dr. Yolanda Powell-Young named dean of nursing on Alcorn’s Natchez campus
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
Alcorn State welcomes Dr. Yolanda Powell-Young as new dean of nursing on the Natchez campus. Powell-Young has been in the nursing field for 21 years, 12 of which has been dedicated to educating both practicing and aspiring nurses. She has been an investigative member of funded research totaling more than $7 million. Her most recent studies included a National Institute of Health funded project investigating the determinants of inflammation and effect of intervention among African-American adolescent females with metabolic risk factors for diabetes and heart disease in Sudanese families.
Powell-Young completed her baccalaureate at Grambling State University and her master’s at Northwestern State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years