Dr. Yolanda Powell-Young named dean of nursing on Alcorn’s Natchez campus
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 1,2014
Alcorn State welcomes Dr. Yolanda Powell-Young as new dean of nursing on the Natchez campus. Powell-Young has been in the nursing field for 21 years, 12 of which has been dedicated to educating both practicing and aspiring nurses. She has been an investigative member of funded research totaling more than $7 million. Her most recent studies included a National Institute of Health funded project investigating the determinants of inflammation and effect of intervention among African-American adolescent females with metabolic risk factors for diabetes and heart disease in Sudanese families.
Powell-Young completed her baccalaureate at Grambling State University and her master’s at Northwestern State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts