Jo Ann Malone named superintendent of Mississippi School for the Blind
The Mississippi Board of Education has named Jo Ann Malone, state administrator and former teacher, as the new superintendent of the Mississippi School for the Blind, effective June 1. Malone, a Flora resident, taught grades 7-12 mathematics, business and pre-vocational education courses at the school from 2001-2006. She joined the Mississippi Department of Education’s Office of Student Assessment in 2006 as a division director, and in 2012, she moved to her current position as director of accountability systems in the Office of Accreditation.
A licensed administrator, Malone is certified in visually impaired K-12 instruction, special education – mild/moderate K-12, special education – severe/profound K-12, mathematics 7-12, business education 7-12, elementary education 4-8, and English 7-12. Malone said she is honored to be given the opportunity to assist the MDE with its vision of creating a world-class educational system for all students.
Malone earned her undergraduate degree from Belhaven University and master’s degree in special education from the University of Southern Mississippi. She is currently a doctoral candidate at Delta State University.
She is an active member of several professional organizations, including the PARCC Accessibility, Accommodations and Fairness Operational Working Group and the Mississippi Library Commission’s Blind and Physically Handicapped Services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90