Jo Ann Malone named superintendent of Mississippi School for the Blind
The Mississippi Board of Education has named Jo Ann Malone, state administrator and former teacher, as the new superintendent of the Mississippi School for the Blind, effective June 1. Malone, a Flora resident, taught grades 7-12 mathematics, business and pre-vocational education courses at the school from 2001-2006. She joined the Mississippi Department of Education’s Office of Student Assessment in 2006 as a division director, and in 2012, she moved to her current position as director of accountability systems in the Office of Accreditation.
A licensed administrator, Malone is certified in visually impaired K-12 instruction, special education – mild/moderate K-12, special education – severe/profound K-12, mathematics 7-12, business education 7-12, elementary education 4-8, and English 7-12. Malone said she is honored to be given the opportunity to assist the MDE with its vision of creating a world-class educational system for all students.
Malone earned her undergraduate degree from Belhaven University and master’s degree in special education from the University of Southern Mississippi. She is currently a doctoral candidate at Delta State University.
She is an active member of several professional organizations, including the PARCC Accessibility, Accommodations and Fairness Operational Working Group and the Mississippi Library Commission’s Blind and Physically Handicapped Services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job