Jo Ann Malone named superintendent of Mississippi School for the Blind
The Mississippi Board of Education has named Jo Ann Malone, state administrator and former teacher, as the new superintendent of the Mississippi School for the Blind, effective June 1. Malone, a Flora resident, taught grades 7-12 mathematics, business and pre-vocational education courses at the school from 2001-2006. She joined the Mississippi Department of Education’s Office of Student Assessment in 2006 as a division director, and in 2012, she moved to her current position as director of accountability systems in the Office of Accreditation.
A licensed administrator, Malone is certified in visually impaired K-12 instruction, special education – mild/moderate K-12, special education – severe/profound K-12, mathematics 7-12, business education 7-12, elementary education 4-8, and English 7-12. Malone said she is honored to be given the opportunity to assist the MDE with its vision of creating a world-class educational system for all students.
Malone earned her undergraduate degree from Belhaven University and master’s degree in special education from the University of Southern Mississippi. She is currently a doctoral candidate at Delta State University.
She is an active member of several professional organizations, including the PARCC Accessibility, Accommodations and Fairness Operational Working Group and the Mississippi Library Commission’s Blind and Physically Handicapped Services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey