Mary Margarett King, Michael Lindsey honored by state department of education
The Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) and the Mississippi Teacher Center have named Michael Lindsey, Gulfport High School principal, as the 2014 Mississippi Administrator of the Year (MAOY), and Mary Margarett King, an English teacher at New Albany High School, as the 2014 Mississippi Teacher of the Year (MTOY). A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi, Lindsey received his master’s degree in educational leadership from USM. He started his career as a biology teacher and head baseball coach. He taught and coached at Coldwater High School, Natchez High School and Gulfport High School. Lindsey has 19 years of educational experience, with 13 of those years in the Gulfport School District. This is his eighth year to serve as Gulfport High School principal.
King will represent Mississippi in the National Teacher of the Year competition. In addition, she will travel to Washington, D.C., to meet the President and First Lady and will participate in a Rose Garden recognition ceremony at the White House. King has been teaching English at New Albany High School for the past nine years. A graduate of the University of North Alabama, she teaches 11th grade accelerated and advanced placement English and dual-enrollment English Composition I and II. In 2008, she became a national board-certified teacher in English language arts.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Mary Margarett King, Michael Lindsey honored by state department of education”
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues