Rosati, Goerger make news for U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
Dr. Julie Dean Rosati, Coastal Inlets Research Program (CIRP) manager for the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory at the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center in Vicksburg, was recently presented the American Shore and Beach Preservation Association (ASBPA) Presidential Award for her work on behalf of America’s coasts. The nomination cites Rosati as “an exceptional public servant with a strong desire to integrate cutting-edge research findings into USACE operations and the coastal engineering community at large. She is an invaluable partner to the ASBPA Board of Directors and highly deserving of this award.”
A Virginia native, Rosati began her career as an ERDC research hydraulic engineer as a co-op student in August 1981. She earned full career status in August 1985. Rosati leads a team of nine principal investigators in coastal inlet navigation research with an annual budget of nearly $3 million. Her team has conducted research to characterize long-term coastal inlet and adjacent beach morphologic evolution, which have improved methods to dredge and plan sand for regional sediment management.
Also, Dr. Simon Goerger, a researcher with the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center, is participating as the ERDC and Engineered Resilient Systems (ERS) representative in the review of proposals to establish the Digital Manufacturing Design Initiative (DMDI) Institute in Arlington, Va. Goerger is a member of the Long Gray Line, earning his bachelor’s degree from the United States Military Academy in 1988. He continued his education with a master’s degree in computer science and a doctorate in modeling and simulations from the Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif., in 1998 and 2004, respectively. He added a master’s degree from the National War College in 2009, focusing on national security strategy.
A native of Horace, N.D., Goerger is married to Dr. Niki Goerger, business development director for ERDC.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal