Southaven’s Stephen Benson elected as rep for PERS
Southaven Fire Department training officer Stephen Benson has been elected as the municipal employee representative on the Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) board of trustees. At its April 22 meeting, the board certified results of the runoff election between Benson and Deborah Lea, Monticello director of administration.
Benson is filling an unexpired term that runs through Dec. 31.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi