Southaven’s Stephen Benson elected as rep for PERS
Southaven Fire Department training officer Stephen Benson has been elected as the municipal employee representative on the Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) board of trustees. At its April 22 meeting, the board certified results of the runoff election between Benson and Deborah Lea, Monticello director of administration.
Benson is filling an unexpired term that runs through Dec. 31.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program