Southaven’s Stephen Benson elected as rep for PERS
Southaven Fire Department training officer Stephen Benson has been elected as the municipal employee representative on the Public Employees’ Retirement System of Mississippi (PERS) board of trustees. At its April 22 meeting, the board certified results of the runoff election between Benson and Deborah Lea, Monticello director of administration.
Benson is filling an unexpired term that runs through Dec. 31.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau