Colorado company buys lubricant facility, moving headquarters
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 5,2014
VICKSBURG — CAM2 International, LLC of Evergreen Col., has acquired an existing lubricant blending and packaging facility located in Vicksburg.
Terms were not disclosed.
CAM2 said the Vicksburg facility, which it does not identify by name, will become CAM2’s new corporate headquarters and serve as CAM2’s Southern blending and packaging operation. The 93,000-square-foot facility is situated on 19 acres and has access to the Mississippi River. The site features a full-line manufacturing plant with a single shift operating capacity of over 100 million gallons annually, a warehouse and distribution facility and testing and packaging operation.
“After careful consideration, our team concluded that the city of Vicksburg and its port facilities were a perfect fit for a growing CAM2, providing us with low-cost freight access to the nearby sources of many of our raw materials along with the availability of this outstanding and existing facility. The location in Vicksburg aligns perfectly with our passion to become the most reliable lubricant supplier in the world,” said president Walter Tyson.
According to the company, this project represents a significant capital investment by CAM2 and will create “numerous” jobs in the first year of operations for the Vicksburg area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal