Colorado company buys lubricant facility, moving headquarters
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 5,2014
VICKSBURG — CAM2 International, LLC of Evergreen Col., has acquired an existing lubricant blending and packaging facility located in Vicksburg.
Terms were not disclosed.
CAM2 said the Vicksburg facility, which it does not identify by name, will become CAM2’s new corporate headquarters and serve as CAM2’s Southern blending and packaging operation. The 93,000-square-foot facility is situated on 19 acres and has access to the Mississippi River. The site features a full-line manufacturing plant with a single shift operating capacity of over 100 million gallons annually, a warehouse and distribution facility and testing and packaging operation.
“After careful consideration, our team concluded that the city of Vicksburg and its port facilities were a perfect fit for a growing CAM2, providing us with low-cost freight access to the nearby sources of many of our raw materials along with the availability of this outstanding and existing facility. The location in Vicksburg aligns perfectly with our passion to become the most reliable lubricant supplier in the world,” said president Walter Tyson.
According to the company, this project represents a significant capital investment by CAM2 and will create “numerous” jobs in the first year of operations for the Vicksburg area.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium