Cashion pushing first-ever ‘Mississippi Seafood Trail’
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 7,2014
GULFPORT — Mike Cashion, executive director of the Mississippi Hospitality and Restaurant Association, will be on the Gulf Coast today to host a briefing for area restaurant owners and managers about a new summer Gulf seafood campaign and the creation of the first “Mississippi Seafood Trail.”
The effort is designed to promote and drive business to participating restaurants that sell Gulf seafood. The Mississippi Seafood Trail will encourage both tourists and residents to dine out and experience the wide variety of Gulf seafood dishes from establishments in Hancock, Harrison and Jackson counties.
Restaurants will have until May 15 to sign up for the “Mississippi Seafood Trail” summer promotion. Participating venues will be featured in a multi-media advertising campaign, collateral and other promotional pieces during the upcoming summer months, branded as the “Summer of Seafood.”
The briefing will begin at 2 p.m. at the Knight Non-Profit Center in Gulfport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment