Supervisors approve measure for Sunday beer sales
Published: May 7,2014
IUKA — The Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors has approved the Sunday sale of beer in the county.
Deputy Chancery Clerk Lynn West says the date for an extension of hours will be set after a legal notice of the proposal is published for three weeks.
New Sunday beer sale hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The change was sought by Pickwick Lake marina operators and other business owners.
Board members voted 3-2 to allow the Sunday sales.
Officials say the Sunday sales will take effect no earlier than June 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so