Supervisors approve measure for Sunday beer sales
Published: May 7,2014
IUKA — The Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors has approved the Sunday sale of beer in the county.
Deputy Chancery Clerk Lynn West says the date for an extension of hours will be set after a legal notice of the proposal is published for three weeks.
New Sunday beer sale hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The change was sought by Pickwick Lake marina operators and other business owners.
Board members voted 3-2 to allow the Sunday sales.
Officials say the Sunday sales will take effect no earlier than June 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015