Supervisors approve measure for Sunday beer sales
Published: May 7,2014
IUKA — The Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors has approved the Sunday sale of beer in the county.
Deputy Chancery Clerk Lynn West says the date for an extension of hours will be set after a legal notice of the proposal is published for three weeks.
New Sunday beer sale hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The change was sought by Pickwick Lake marina operators and other business owners.
Board members voted 3-2 to allow the Sunday sales.
Officials say the Sunday sales will take effect no earlier than June 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal