Supervisors approve measure for Sunday beer sales
Published: May 7,2014
IUKA — The Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors has approved the Sunday sale of beer in the county.
Deputy Chancery Clerk Lynn West says the date for an extension of hours will be set after a legal notice of the proposal is published for three weeks.
New Sunday beer sale hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The change was sought by Pickwick Lake marina operators and other business owners.
Board members voted 3-2 to allow the Sunday sales.
Officials say the Sunday sales will take effect no earlier than June 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful