Supervisors approve measure for Sunday beer sales
Published: May 7,2014
IUKA — The Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors has approved the Sunday sale of beer in the county.
Deputy Chancery Clerk Lynn West says the date for an extension of hours will be set after a legal notice of the proposal is published for three weeks.
New Sunday beer sale hours will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The change was sought by Pickwick Lake marina operators and other business owners.
Board members voted 3-2 to allow the Sunday sales.
Officials say the Sunday sales will take effect no earlier than June 10.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image