C Spire begins construction of fiber optic network
Published: May 11,2014
QUITMAN and RIDGELAND — C Spire says it has started work laying fiber optic cable for high-speed fiber optic Internet service in Quitman and part of Ridgeland.
The company held a ceremony in Ridgeland to mark the start of construction, part of the company’s plan to lay cable in four Mississippi cities, including all of Quitman. C Spire also plans work in Horn Lake and Starkville.
Service is scheduled to begin this summer.
The company continues to register customers in those four cities, as well as in Batesville, Clinton, Corinth, Hattiesburg and McComb. The Fiber To The Home effort launched last November and C Spire requires a certain percentage of residents in neighborhoods to sign up before the company commits to service.
Ridgeland-based C Spire also offers wireless telephone and data services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday