C Spire begins construction of fiber optic network
Published: May 11,2014
QUITMAN and RIDGELAND — C Spire says it has started work laying fiber optic cable for high-speed fiber optic Internet service in Quitman and part of Ridgeland.
The company held a ceremony in Ridgeland to mark the start of construction, part of the company’s plan to lay cable in four Mississippi cities, including all of Quitman. C Spire also plans work in Horn Lake and Starkville.
Service is scheduled to begin this summer.
The company continues to register customers in those four cities, as well as in Batesville, Clinton, Corinth, Hattiesburg and McComb. The Fiber To The Home effort launched last November and C Spire requires a certain percentage of residents in neighborhoods to sign up before the company commits to service.
Ridgeland-based C Spire also offers wireless telephone and data services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62