C Spire begins construction of fiber optic network
Published: May 11,2014
QUITMAN and RIDGELAND — C Spire says it has started work laying fiber optic cable for high-speed fiber optic Internet service in Quitman and part of Ridgeland.
The company held a ceremony in Ridgeland to mark the start of construction, part of the company’s plan to lay cable in four Mississippi cities, including all of Quitman. C Spire also plans work in Horn Lake and Starkville.
Service is scheduled to begin this summer.
The company continues to register customers in those four cities, as well as in Batesville, Clinton, Corinth, Hattiesburg and McComb. The Fiber To The Home effort launched last November and C Spire requires a certain percentage of residents in neighborhoods to sign up before the company commits to service.
Ridgeland-based C Spire also offers wireless telephone and data services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image