C Spire begins construction of fiber optic network
Published: May 11,2014
QUITMAN and RIDGELAND — C Spire says it has started work laying fiber optic cable for high-speed fiber optic Internet service in Quitman and part of Ridgeland.
The company held a ceremony in Ridgeland to mark the start of construction, part of the company’s plan to lay cable in four Mississippi cities, including all of Quitman. C Spire also plans work in Horn Lake and Starkville.
Service is scheduled to begin this summer.
The company continues to register customers in those four cities, as well as in Batesville, Clinton, Corinth, Hattiesburg and McComb. The Fiber To The Home effort launched last November and C Spire requires a certain percentage of residents in neighborhoods to sign up before the company commits to service.
Ridgeland-based C Spire also offers wireless telephone and data services.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing