Three Appeals Court judges to run unopposed for reelection
Published: May 11,2014
JACKSON — Three incumbent judges on the Mississippi Court of Appeals head into the fall general election unopposed.
Nobody signed up by Friday’s qualifying deadline for the three seats currently held by Jimmy Maxwell of Oxford, Kenny Griffis of Ridgeland and Virginia Carlton of Columbia.
The races are nonpartisan. There are no primaries. The general election is Nov. 4.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues