Three Appeals Court judges to run unopposed for reelection
Published: May 11,2014
JACKSON — Three incumbent judges on the Mississippi Court of Appeals head into the fall general election unopposed.
Nobody signed up by Friday’s qualifying deadline for the three seats currently held by Jimmy Maxwell of Oxford, Kenny Griffis of Ridgeland and Virginia Carlton of Columbia.
The races are nonpartisan. There are no primaries. The general election is Nov. 4.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate