Three Appeals Court judges to run unopposed for reelection
Published: May 11,2014
JACKSON — Three incumbent judges on the Mississippi Court of Appeals head into the fall general election unopposed.
Nobody signed up by Friday’s qualifying deadline for the three seats currently held by Jimmy Maxwell of Oxford, Kenny Griffis of Ridgeland and Virginia Carlton of Columbia.
The races are nonpartisan. There are no primaries. The general election is Nov. 4.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation