Local attorney killed in four-wheeler accident
Published: May 12,2014
RIDGELAND — Jackson attorney Precious Martin died late yesterday in a four-wheeler accident near his home in Ridgeland, according to authorities.
Ridgeland Police Lt. Brian Myers says Martin and his 10-year-old son, Daniel, were on the 4-wheeler when it apparently hit a curve and flipped on Bridgeview Cove in the Bridgewater subdivision. Myers says Martin was not wearing a helmet.
Myers says Martin was pronounced dead at the scene of head injuries. His son was taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Myers says the younger Martin’s injuries didn’t appear to be life threatening.
Martin was the older brother of triplets Deshun Martin, Kenya Martin and Warren Martin Jr., who all graduated from the University of Mississippi Law School.
Martin’s wife, Crystal, is also an attorney. The couple has four children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Local attorney killed in four-wheeler accident”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal