Local attorney killed in four-wheeler accident
Published: May 12,2014
RIDGELAND — Jackson attorney Precious Martin died late yesterday in a four-wheeler accident near his home in Ridgeland, according to authorities.
Ridgeland Police Lt. Brian Myers says Martin and his 10-year-old son, Daniel, were on the 4-wheeler when it apparently hit a curve and flipped on Bridgeview Cove in the Bridgewater subdivision. Myers says Martin was not wearing a helmet.
Myers says Martin was pronounced dead at the scene of head injuries. His son was taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Myers says the younger Martin’s injuries didn’t appear to be life threatening.
Martin was the older brother of triplets Deshun Martin, Kenya Martin and Warren Martin Jr., who all graduated from the University of Mississippi Law School.
Martin’s wife, Crystal, is also an attorney. The couple has four children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Local attorney killed in four-wheeler accident”
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program