Local attorney killed in four-wheeler accident
Published: May 12,2014
RIDGELAND — Jackson attorney Precious Martin died late yesterday in a four-wheeler accident near his home in Ridgeland, according to authorities.
Ridgeland Police Lt. Brian Myers says Martin and his 10-year-old son, Daniel, were on the 4-wheeler when it apparently hit a curve and flipped on Bridgeview Cove in the Bridgewater subdivision. Myers says Martin was not wearing a helmet.
Myers says Martin was pronounced dead at the scene of head injuries. His son was taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Myers says the younger Martin’s injuries didn’t appear to be life threatening.
Martin was the older brother of triplets Deshun Martin, Kenya Martin and Warren Martin Jr., who all graduated from the University of Mississippi Law School.
Martin’s wife, Crystal, is also an attorney. The couple has four children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Local attorney killed in four-wheeler accident”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K