MGCCC sets new record for number of graduates
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2014
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College held its annual commencement ceremony on May 8 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.
More than 900 of the 2,134 students receiving degrees participated in the commencement ceremony.
Dr. Mary S. Graham congratulated students on their achievement and pointed out that 3,130 degrees were awarded this year, a 37.9 percent increase in degrees earned compared to 2012-2013.
“The increase in degrees earned this year is a true testament to your dedication to furthering your education, and to our dedication to see our students succeed. Your success is a credit to you, as well as to the institution,” Graham said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money