MGCCC sets new record for number of graduates
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2014
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College held its annual commencement ceremony on May 8 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.
More than 900 of the 2,134 students receiving degrees participated in the commencement ceremony.
Dr. Mary S. Graham congratulated students on their achievement and pointed out that 3,130 degrees were awarded this year, a 37.9 percent increase in degrees earned compared to 2012-2013.
“The increase in degrees earned this year is a true testament to your dedication to furthering your education, and to our dedication to see our students succeed. Your success is a credit to you, as well as to the institution,” Graham said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending