MGCCC sets new record for number of graduates
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 13,2014
PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College held its annual commencement ceremony on May 8 at the Mississippi Coast Coliseum.
More than 900 of the 2,134 students receiving degrees participated in the commencement ceremony.
Dr. Mary S. Graham congratulated students on their achievement and pointed out that 3,130 degrees were awarded this year, a 37.9 percent increase in degrees earned compared to 2012-2013.
“The increase in degrees earned this year is a true testament to your dedication to furthering your education, and to our dedication to see our students succeed. Your success is a credit to you, as well as to the institution,” Graham said.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues