Kemira unveils plans for plant expansion in Aberdeen
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 14,2014
Tags: chemicals, city of Aberdeen, economic development, expansion, incentive, job, job creation, Kemira, Mike Villers, Mississippi Development Authority, Monroe County, Monroe County Board of Supervisors, plant, polymer
ABERDEEN — Global chemicals company Kemira is expanding its dry polymer manufacturing operations in Aberdeen.
The project represents a corporate investment of $13.9 million and will create six direct jobs.
“Kemira is very pleased with our recent acquisition of the Aberdeen site, and we are quickly implementing our first expansion project to our initial dry polymer operation in North America,” said Kemira Oil & Mining vice president of manufacturing Mike Villers. “With the support of local and state officials and agencies, we are eagerly examining potentials for additional product lines for the future. We are proud to be a responsible member of the community and look forward to building a sustained relationship with its people and providing a secure future for the residents who contribute to Kemira’s planned success.”
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for railroad improvements that will increase the long term capacity of the plant. The Monroe County Board of Supervisors also provided assistance for the project in the form of ad valorem tax exemptions.
Kemira serves customers in water-intensive industries worldwide. The company provides expertise and chemicals that improve its customers’ water, energy and raw material efficiency. Kemira’s focus is on pulp and paper, oil and gas, mining and water treatment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino