Southern Airways to offer non-stop service to Destin
Published: May 19,2014
MADISON — Southern Airways will offer new service to Destin, Fla., non-stop from Madison beginning May 29.
“Destin is a prime leisure destination for residents of Jackson and Central Mississippi, and Southern is pleased to be able to offer affordable, luxury air transportation between these two great cities,” said Stan Little, Southern chairman and CEO. “Since Southern is the only air carrier in the country founded and operated by Mississippians, we are especially proud to expand our service to a third airport in the state. The Madison airport (Bruce Campbell Field) is perhaps the most conveniently located airport in our system, with easy access to everyone in the Metro area.”
Unlike the major airlines, Southern flights depart from local, neighborhood airports through the private terminals used by corporate aircraft.
“Our service is not only less expensive than that of the legacy carriers, but our passengers also receive the ‘private plane experience’ normally enjoyed by corporate executives and jet owners,” said Little.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Southern Airways to offer non-stop service to Destin”
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center