Investigation into Rose Cochran photos yields three more arrests
Published: May 22,2014
Tags: arrest, bench, blog, blogger, Chris McDaniel, Clayton Thomas Kelly, Congress, Constitutional Clayton, court, crime, felony, John Mary, justive, Kevin Camp, law, law enforcement, legal, Mark Mayfield, photograph, political campaign, politician, Politics, Richard Sager, Rose Cochran, Senate, Thad Cochran
MADISON — Mississippi authorities have arrested a total of four men in the investigation of photos taken of the ailing wife of U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran.
The arrests today included attorney Mark Mayfield, a member of the board of the Central Mississippi Tea Party; Richard Sager of Laurel; and John Mary of Hattiesburg.
The three men were charged with conspiracy. Sager is also charged with evidence tampering, while Mary faces multiple charges.
Conservative blogger Clayton Thomas Kelly of Pearl was arrested last week on allegations he took the photos of Rose Cochran on Easter Sunday without her permission at the nursing home where she’s lived for 13 years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant