Investigation into Rose Cochran photos yields three more arrests
Published: May 22,2014
Tags: arrest, bench, blog, blogger, Chris McDaniel, Clayton Thomas Kelly, Congress, Constitutional Clayton, court, crime, felony, John Mary, justive, Kevin Camp, law, law enforcement, legal, Mark Mayfield, photograph, political campaign, politician, Politics, Richard Sager, Rose Cochran, Senate, Thad Cochran
MADISON — Mississippi authorities have arrested a total of four men in the investigation of photos taken of the ailing wife of U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran.
The arrests today included attorney Mark Mayfield, a member of the board of the Central Mississippi Tea Party; Richard Sager of Laurel; and John Mary of Hattiesburg.
The three men were charged with conspiracy. Sager is also charged with evidence tampering, while Mary faces multiple charges.
Conservative blogger Clayton Thomas Kelly of Pearl was arrested last week on allegations he took the photos of Rose Cochran on Easter Sunday without her permission at the nursing home where she’s lived for 13 years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal