Investigation into Rose Cochran photos yields three more arrests
Published: May 22,2014
Tags: arrest, bench, blog, blogger, Chris McDaniel, Clayton Thomas Kelly, Congress, Constitutional Clayton, court, crime, felony, John Mary, justive, Kevin Camp, law, law enforcement, legal, Mark Mayfield, photograph, political campaign, politician, Politics, Richard Sager, Rose Cochran, Senate, Thad Cochran
MADISON — Mississippi authorities have arrested a total of four men in the investigation of photos taken of the ailing wife of U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran.
The arrests today included attorney Mark Mayfield, a member of the board of the Central Mississippi Tea Party; Richard Sager of Laurel; and John Mary of Hattiesburg.
The three men were charged with conspiracy. Sager is also charged with evidence tampering, while Mary faces multiple charges.
Conservative blogger Clayton Thomas Kelly of Pearl was arrested last week on allegations he took the photos of Rose Cochran on Easter Sunday without her permission at the nursing home where she’s lived for 13 years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November