SBA approves $5M-plus in loans so far to storm victims
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 22,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved more than $5 million in Disaster Assistance Loans for residents in Mississippi affected by the severe storms, tornadoes and flooding from April 28 through May 3, 2014. Also, the SBA reminds homeowners, renters, businesses and non-profit organizations in Mississippi that the deadline to submit a physical disaster loan application is June 30.
“Currently, 74 disaster loans have been approved in the amount of $5,088,500 for affected survivors,” said Frank Skaggs, director of SBA’s Field Operations Center East in Atlanta.
The disaster declaration covers the counties of Itawamba, Jones, Leake, Lee, Lowndes, Madison, Montgomery, Rankin, Simpson, Warren, Wayne and Winston, which are eligible for both Physical and Economic Injury Disaster Loans from the SBA. Small businesses and most private non-profit organizations in the following adjacent counties are eligible to apply only for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans: Attala, Carroll, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Claiborne, Clarke, Clay, Copiah, Covington, Forrest, Greene, Grenada, Hinds, Holmes, Issaquena, Jasper, Jefferson Davis, Kemper, Lawrence, Monroe, Neshoba, Newton, Noxubee, Oktibbeha, Perry, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Scott, Smith, Tishomingo, Union, Webster and Yazoo.
To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance, call the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at 800-621-FEMA (3362), (TTY) 800-462-7585 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing and register.
Survivors may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
Disaster loan information and application forms may also be obtained by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for the deaf and hard-of-hearing) or by sending an email to email@example.com. Loan applications can be downloaded from www.sba.gov/disaster. Completed applications should be mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
The deadline to return SBA applications for physical property damage is June 30. The deadline to return applications for economic injury is Jan. 30, 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues