Chara J. Clancy
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
As a financial analyst with Huntington Ingalls Shipbuilding on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Chara Clancy evaluates and reviews the cost and profit elements of proposals in the billions of dollars.
Currently, she is working towards her certified public accountant license and plans to start sitting for the four part exam after completing her master of accountancy program.
A Pascagoula native, Clancy earned the Technology Rising Star Award at the 2013 Women of Color STEM Conference, which fueled her aspiration to be a positive role model for all women regardless of ethnicity or social status.
She credits her parents for giving her the core foundation to develop self-motivation and ambition.
Active in the community, Clancy launched the Johnnie Mae & Wilma Christine Scholarship for local high school seniors in December 2013.
Her hobbies include traveling, volunteering, exercising and reading.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university