Chara J. Clancy
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
As a financial analyst with Huntington Ingalls Shipbuilding on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Chara Clancy evaluates and reviews the cost and profit elements of proposals in the billions of dollars.
Currently, she is working towards her certified public accountant license and plans to start sitting for the four part exam after completing her master of accountancy program.
A Pascagoula native, Clancy earned the Technology Rising Star Award at the 2013 Women of Color STEM Conference, which fueled her aspiration to be a positive role model for all women regardless of ethnicity or social status.
She credits her parents for giving her the core foundation to develop self-motivation and ambition.
Active in the community, Clancy launched the Johnnie Mae & Wilma Christine Scholarship for local high school seniors in December 2013.
Her hobbies include traveling, volunteering, exercising and reading.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money