Chara J. Clancy
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
As a financial analyst with Huntington Ingalls Shipbuilding on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Chara Clancy evaluates and reviews the cost and profit elements of proposals in the billions of dollars.
Currently, she is working towards her certified public accountant license and plans to start sitting for the four part exam after completing her master of accountancy program.
A Pascagoula native, Clancy earned the Technology Rising Star Award at the 2013 Women of Color STEM Conference, which fueled her aspiration to be a positive role model for all women regardless of ethnicity or social status.
She credits her parents for giving her the core foundation to develop self-motivation and ambition.
Active in the community, Clancy launched the Johnnie Mae & Wilma Christine Scholarship for local high school seniors in December 2013.
Her hobbies include traveling, volunteering, exercising and reading.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags