Chara J. Clancy
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
As a financial analyst with Huntington Ingalls Shipbuilding on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Chara Clancy evaluates and reviews the cost and profit elements of proposals in the billions of dollars.
Currently, she is working towards her certified public accountant license and plans to start sitting for the four part exam after completing her master of accountancy program.
A Pascagoula native, Clancy earned the Technology Rising Star Award at the 2013 Women of Color STEM Conference, which fueled her aspiration to be a positive role model for all women regardless of ethnicity or social status.
She credits her parents for giving her the core foundation to develop self-motivation and ambition.
Active in the community, Clancy launched the Johnnie Mae & Wilma Christine Scholarship for local high school seniors in December 2013.
Her hobbies include traveling, volunteering, exercising and reading.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending