Chara J. Clancy
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
As a financial analyst with Huntington Ingalls Shipbuilding on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Chara Clancy evaluates and reviews the cost and profit elements of proposals in the billions of dollars.
Currently, she is working towards her certified public accountant license and plans to start sitting for the four part exam after completing her master of accountancy program.
A Pascagoula native, Clancy earned the Technology Rising Star Award at the 2013 Women of Color STEM Conference, which fueled her aspiration to be a positive role model for all women regardless of ethnicity or social status.
She credits her parents for giving her the core foundation to develop self-motivation and ambition.
Active in the community, Clancy launched the Johnnie Mae & Wilma Christine Scholarship for local high school seniors in December 2013.
Her hobbies include traveling, volunteering, exercising and reading.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Baker Donelson recognized