David B. Burt
Though David Burt has risen to become vice president of Newton County Bank, the Meridian native still works hard to give back to his community. Two of his Mississippi Young Bankers programs, “A Banker in Every Classroom” and “Teach Children to Save,” provide financial literacy information to children and adults alike to help them achieve their financial goals.
As vice president, Burt calculates and prepares mortgage loan rates and coordinates Newton County Bank’s advertising and marketing activities.
Selected the 2013 “Man of the Year” by the Newton Chamber of Commerce, Burt received his master’s in business administration from Mississippi State University in 2007.
Active in the Newton County community, he is a member of the Newton Lions Club, United Givers Fund, Chamber of Commerce and the Clarke-Venable Baptist Church.
Married with two sons, Burt enjoys playing golf and running.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios