David B. Burt
Though David Burt has risen to become vice president of Newton County Bank, the Meridian native still works hard to give back to his community. Two of his Mississippi Young Bankers programs, “A Banker in Every Classroom” and “Teach Children to Save,” provide financial literacy information to children and adults alike to help them achieve their financial goals.
As vice president, Burt calculates and prepares mortgage loan rates and coordinates Newton County Bank’s advertising and marketing activities.
Selected the 2013 “Man of the Year” by the Newton Chamber of Commerce, Burt received his master’s in business administration from Mississippi State University in 2007.
Active in the Newton County community, he is a member of the Newton Lions Club, United Givers Fund, Chamber of Commerce and the Clarke-Venable Baptist Church.
Married with two sons, Burt enjoys playing golf and running.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses