David B. Burt
Though David Burt has risen to become vice president of Newton County Bank, the Meridian native still works hard to give back to his community. Two of his Mississippi Young Bankers programs, “A Banker in Every Classroom” and “Teach Children to Save,” provide financial literacy information to children and adults alike to help them achieve their financial goals.
As vice president, Burt calculates and prepares mortgage loan rates and coordinates Newton County Bank’s advertising and marketing activities.
Selected the 2013 “Man of the Year” by the Newton Chamber of Commerce, Burt received his master’s in business administration from Mississippi State University in 2007.
Active in the Newton County community, he is a member of the Newton Lions Club, United Givers Fund, Chamber of Commerce and the Clarke-Venable Baptist Church.
Married with two sons, Burt enjoys playing golf and running.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP