David B. Burt
Though David Burt has risen to become vice president of Newton County Bank, the Meridian native still works hard to give back to his community. Two of his Mississippi Young Bankers programs, “A Banker in Every Classroom” and “Teach Children to Save,” provide financial literacy information to children and adults alike to help them achieve their financial goals.
As vice president, Burt calculates and prepares mortgage loan rates and coordinates Newton County Bank’s advertising and marketing activities.
Selected the 2013 “Man of the Year” by the Newton Chamber of Commerce, Burt received his master’s in business administration from Mississippi State University in 2007.
Active in the Newton County community, he is a member of the Newton Lions Club, United Givers Fund, Chamber of Commerce and the Clarke-Venable Baptist Church.
Married with two sons, Burt enjoys playing golf and running.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful