James Russell Turley
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Russell Turley has always acted older than his age while gifted with the ability to walk into any social situation with confidence. That unique trait has helped Turley ascend the corporate ladder rather quickly – the Birmingham, Ala., native was promoted to vice president of Community Bank of Mississippi before his 30th birthday.
At Community Bank, Turley is responsible for the growth and management of a $13-million portfolio consisting of consumer, small business and commercial loans.
Additionally, the Millsaps College graduate manages the day-to-day operations of the bank’s Lakeland Drive location. Before joining Community Bank, Turley was at Regions Bank, where he earned the Chairman’s Club Award in 2009.
His advice to those who want to make a difference in the world is to stay positive and take action.
A member of the Greater Jackson Chamber and Rotary Club of North Jackson, Turley enjoys tennis, golf and running.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency