James Russell Turley
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Russell Turley has always acted older than his age while gifted with the ability to walk into any social situation with confidence. That unique trait has helped Turley ascend the corporate ladder rather quickly – the Birmingham, Ala., native was promoted to vice president of Community Bank of Mississippi before his 30th birthday.
At Community Bank, Turley is responsible for the growth and management of a $13-million portfolio consisting of consumer, small business and commercial loans.
Additionally, the Millsaps College graduate manages the day-to-day operations of the bank’s Lakeland Drive location. Before joining Community Bank, Turley was at Regions Bank, where he earned the Chairman’s Club Award in 2009.
His advice to those who want to make a difference in the world is to stay positive and take action.
A member of the Greater Jackson Chamber and Rotary Club of North Jackson, Turley enjoys tennis, golf and running.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force