James Russell Turley
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Russell Turley has always acted older than his age while gifted with the ability to walk into any social situation with confidence. That unique trait has helped Turley ascend the corporate ladder rather quickly – the Birmingham, Ala., native was promoted to vice president of Community Bank of Mississippi before his 30th birthday.
At Community Bank, Turley is responsible for the growth and management of a $13-million portfolio consisting of consumer, small business and commercial loans.
Additionally, the Millsaps College graduate manages the day-to-day operations of the bank’s Lakeland Drive location. Before joining Community Bank, Turley was at Regions Bank, where he earned the Chairman’s Club Award in 2009.
His advice to those who want to make a difference in the world is to stay positive and take action.
A member of the Greater Jackson Chamber and Rotary Club of North Jackson, Turley enjoys tennis, golf and running.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium