James Russell Turley
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Russell Turley has always acted older than his age while gifted with the ability to walk into any social situation with confidence. That unique trait has helped Turley ascend the corporate ladder rather quickly – the Birmingham, Ala., native was promoted to vice president of Community Bank of Mississippi before his 30th birthday.
At Community Bank, Turley is responsible for the growth and management of a $13-million portfolio consisting of consumer, small business and commercial loans.
Additionally, the Millsaps College graduate manages the day-to-day operations of the bank’s Lakeland Drive location. Before joining Community Bank, Turley was at Regions Bank, where he earned the Chairman’s Club Award in 2009.
His advice to those who want to make a difference in the world is to stay positive and take action.
A member of the Greater Jackson Chamber and Rotary Club of North Jackson, Turley enjoys tennis, golf and running.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program