Katrina S. Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Colleagues describe Katrina Brown as a team player who eagerly takes on the responsibility of improving her community.
The Jackson native is an attorney for Flowood law firm Currie Johnson Griffin and Myers, and concentrates her practice on medical malpractice, premises liability and general liability.
Brown is active in numerous professional organizations, including the Metro Black Women Lawyers Association, Magnolia Bar Association and Toastmasters International. A member of Leadership Greater Jackson Class of 2013-14, Brown also volunteers at the Stewpot, Habitat for Humanity, and serves as a big sister with Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Jackson. In addition, she annually assists with a Thanksgiving food drive and Toys for Tots.
Brown earned her law degree from the University of Mississippi Law School.
In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, attending sporting and concert events and mentoring young people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form