Katrina S. Brown
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Colleagues describe Katrina Brown as a team player who eagerly takes on the responsibility of improving her community.
The Jackson native is an attorney for Flowood law firm Currie Johnson Griffin and Myers, and concentrates her practice on medical malpractice, premises liability and general liability.
Brown is active in numerous professional organizations, including the Metro Black Women Lawyers Association, Magnolia Bar Association and Toastmasters International. A member of Leadership Greater Jackson Class of 2013-14, Brown also volunteers at the Stewpot, Habitat for Humanity, and serves as a big sister with Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Jackson. In addition, she annually assists with a Thanksgiving food drive and Toys for Tots.
Brown earned her law degree from the University of Mississippi Law School.
In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, attending sporting and concert events and mentoring young people.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange