Before Katy Tillman turned 10 years old, she was already a business owner. It seems the Edwards native figured out a way to order shoes and sell them to friends, family and neighbors.
Today, Tillman utilizes her considerable marketing skills as the marketing manager and loan administrator for Ridgeland-based Southern Ag Credit. In her role, Tillman coordinates company-wide customer appreciation events and serves as the public relations liaison to promote Southern Ag’s community presence.
Tillman’s career path reflects her desire to serve others, whether through event-related marketing or helping them find a home. Planning a birthday party for one of her two sons or helping with “4 Miles for Missions” at her church, Tillman’s approach to the task is to be creative.
An avowed “foodie,” the Mississippi State University graduate won a cooking contest in 2007 and was chosen to appear on The Food Network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino