Before Katy Tillman turned 10 years old, she was already a business owner. It seems the Edwards native figured out a way to order shoes and sell them to friends, family and neighbors.
Today, Tillman utilizes her considerable marketing skills as the marketing manager and loan administrator for Ridgeland-based Southern Ag Credit. In her role, Tillman coordinates company-wide customer appreciation events and serves as the public relations liaison to promote Southern Ag’s community presence.
Tillman’s career path reflects her desire to serve others, whether through event-related marketing or helping them find a home. Planning a birthday party for one of her two sons or helping with “4 Miles for Missions” at her church, Tillman’s approach to the task is to be creative.
An avowed “foodie,” the Mississippi State University graduate won a cooking contest in 2007 and was chosen to appear on The Food Network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- The link between education and economic development