Before Katy Tillman turned 10 years old, she was already a business owner. It seems the Edwards native figured out a way to order shoes and sell them to friends, family and neighbors.
Today, Tillman utilizes her considerable marketing skills as the marketing manager and loan administrator for Ridgeland-based Southern Ag Credit. In her role, Tillman coordinates company-wide customer appreciation events and serves as the public relations liaison to promote Southern Ag’s community presence.
Tillman’s career path reflects her desire to serve others, whether through event-related marketing or helping them find a home. Planning a birthday party for one of her two sons or helping with “4 Miles for Missions” at her church, Tillman’s approach to the task is to be creative.
An avowed “foodie,” the Mississippi State University graduate won a cooking contest in 2007 and was chosen to appear on The Food Network.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces