by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Though she grew up in Texas, Liz Young came to Mississippi to attend the University of Mississippi. She fell in love with the state and decided to make it her home.
Today, Young is the youth market director for the Mississippi chapter of the American Heart Association, and feels that it is her job to be an ambassador for her adopted state.
In her role, Young works with more than 900 Mississippi schools to help provide wellness resources and implement fit-friendly activities for faculty and students.
Honored on several occasions, Young was the first-ever recipient of the American Heart Association’s “Staff Advocate Award” in 2013 for her efforts to make CPR a mandatory graduation requirement.
She and her team also received the AHA’s 2013 “Cass Wheeler Collaborative Award.”
A devoted Ole Miss and Germantown High School sports fan, Young enjoys biking, swimming and party planning in her spare time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on