Micajah P. Sturdivant IV
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Serving the interests of others is a pledge that Micajah Sturdivant IV lives by every day as president of MMI Hotel Group.
Despite the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, the Greenwood native makes sure he stays firmly committed to his more than 500 team members and the guests that frequent MMI’s hotels.
Since joining his family’s 57-year-old company in 2006, Sturdivant has applied the principles of his MBA from the Harvard Business School.
When he moved to the Jackson area, Sturdivant founded the Phoenix Club, an organization dedicated to instilling a civic focus in the Capital City’s up-and-coming professional leaders while raising funds for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi.
Active civically, Sturdivant is the president of the Fondren Renaissance Foundation, is on the University of Mississippi
Alumni board of directors and is a Leadership Jackson graduate.
In his spare time, Sturdivant enjoys tea time with his two girls and wife, Grace Gore Sturdivant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation