Micajah P. Sturdivant IV
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Serving the interests of others is a pledge that Micajah Sturdivant IV lives by every day as president of MMI Hotel Group.
Despite the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, the Greenwood native makes sure he stays firmly committed to his more than 500 team members and the guests that frequent MMI’s hotels.
Since joining his family’s 57-year-old company in 2006, Sturdivant has applied the principles of his MBA from the Harvard Business School.
When he moved to the Jackson area, Sturdivant founded the Phoenix Club, an organization dedicated to instilling a civic focus in the Capital City’s up-and-coming professional leaders while raising funds for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi.
Active civically, Sturdivant is the president of the Fondren Renaissance Foundation, is on the University of Mississippi
Alumni board of directors and is a Leadership Jackson graduate.
In his spare time, Sturdivant enjoys tea time with his two girls and wife, Grace Gore Sturdivant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)