Micajah P. Sturdivant IV
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Serving the interests of others is a pledge that Micajah Sturdivant IV lives by every day as president of MMI Hotel Group.
Despite the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, the Greenwood native makes sure he stays firmly committed to his more than 500 team members and the guests that frequent MMI’s hotels.
Since joining his family’s 57-year-old company in 2006, Sturdivant has applied the principles of his MBA from the Harvard Business School.
When he moved to the Jackson area, Sturdivant founded the Phoenix Club, an organization dedicated to instilling a civic focus in the Capital City’s up-and-coming professional leaders while raising funds for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi.
Active civically, Sturdivant is the president of the Fondren Renaissance Foundation, is on the University of Mississippi
Alumni board of directors and is a Leadership Jackson graduate.
In his spare time, Sturdivant enjoys tea time with his two girls and wife, Grace Gore Sturdivant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season