Micajah P. Sturdivant IV
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Serving the interests of others is a pledge that Micajah Sturdivant IV lives by every day as president of MMI Hotel Group.
Despite the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, the Greenwood native makes sure he stays firmly committed to his more than 500 team members and the guests that frequent MMI’s hotels.
Since joining his family’s 57-year-old company in 2006, Sturdivant has applied the principles of his MBA from the Harvard Business School.
When he moved to the Jackson area, Sturdivant founded the Phoenix Club, an organization dedicated to instilling a civic focus in the Capital City’s up-and-coming professional leaders while raising funds for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi.
Active civically, Sturdivant is the president of the Fondren Renaissance Foundation, is on the University of Mississippi
Alumni board of directors and is a Leadership Jackson graduate.
In his spare time, Sturdivant enjoys tea time with his two girls and wife, Grace Gore Sturdivant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal