Micajah P. Sturdivant IV
by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
Serving the interests of others is a pledge that Micajah Sturdivant IV lives by every day as president of MMI Hotel Group.
Despite the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, the Greenwood native makes sure he stays firmly committed to his more than 500 team members and the guests that frequent MMI’s hotels.
Since joining his family’s 57-year-old company in 2006, Sturdivant has applied the principles of his MBA from the Harvard Business School.
When he moved to the Jackson area, Sturdivant founded the Phoenix Club, an organization dedicated to instilling a civic focus in the Capital City’s up-and-coming professional leaders while raising funds for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi.
Active civically, Sturdivant is the president of the Fondren Renaissance Foundation, is on the University of Mississippi
Alumni board of directors and is a Leadership Jackson graduate.
In his spare time, Sturdivant enjoys tea time with his two girls and wife, Grace Gore Sturdivant.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House