by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
An associate with the Jackson law office of Bradley Arant Boult and Cummings, Michael Bentley focuses his law practice on appellate and commercial litigation.
Bentley graduated summa cum laude from the Mississippi College School of Law and was named the 2011 “Young Lawyer of the Year” by the MC School of Law Alumni Association. He helped establish and now serves as chair of the Appellate Practice Section of the Mississippi Bar Association, and is president of the Mississippi Association of Partners in Education.
Bentley says he owes his respect for the law and justice to his grandfather, a Meridian attorney who was one of the first Mississippi lawyers to represent African-American clients.
Bentley and his wife, Sarah, are the parents of a son, and are active in the Jackson community.
In his leisure time, Bentley enjoys reading about history, golf and watching movies with his wife.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015