by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
An associate with the Jackson law office of Bradley Arant Boult and Cummings, Michael Bentley focuses his law practice on appellate and commercial litigation.
Bentley graduated summa cum laude from the Mississippi College School of Law and was named the 2011 “Young Lawyer of the Year” by the MC School of Law Alumni Association. He helped establish and now serves as chair of the Appellate Practice Section of the Mississippi Bar Association, and is president of the Mississippi Association of Partners in Education.
Bentley says he owes his respect for the law and justice to his grandfather, a Meridian attorney who was one of the first Mississippi lawyers to represent African-American clients.
Bentley and his wife, Sarah, are the parents of a son, and are active in the Jackson community.
In his leisure time, Bentley enjoys reading about history, golf and watching movies with his wife.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics