by MBJ Staff
Published: May 23,2014
An associate with the Jackson law office of Bradley Arant Boult and Cummings, Michael Bentley focuses his law practice on appellate and commercial litigation.
Bentley graduated summa cum laude from the Mississippi College School of Law and was named the 2011 “Young Lawyer of the Year” by the MC School of Law Alumni Association. He helped establish and now serves as chair of the Appellate Practice Section of the Mississippi Bar Association, and is president of the Mississippi Association of Partners in Education.
Bentley says he owes his respect for the law and justice to his grandfather, a Meridian attorney who was one of the first Mississippi lawyers to represent African-American clients.
Bentley and his wife, Sarah, are the parents of a son, and are active in the Jackson community.
In his leisure time, Bentley enjoys reading about history, golf and watching movies with his wife.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren