Amory boat maker expanding, adding 30 new jobs
Published: May 29,2014
Tags: boat, City of Amory, economic development, employment, expansion, incentive, job, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Development Authority, NauticStar, Phil Faulkner
AMORY — NauticStar will expand its Monroe County factory to build larger boats, adding 30 jobs.
The recreational boat maker, which currently employs 130, announced its plans yesterday.
The privately-owned 12-year-old company says it will invest $460,000 to add 20,000 square feet, connecting two buildings that currently total 160,000 square feet.
NauticStar President Phil Faulkner says the boat market has recovered from the recession, with company recording higher sales in 2012 than it did in 2007.
The expansion will allow NauticStar to make offshore fishing boats longer than 28 feet. Currently, NauticStar makes a series of deck and fishing boats ranging in length from 18 to 25 feet.
The Mississippi Development Authority is contributing $25,000 to help pay for building modifications. Amory and Monroe County will provide property tax exemptions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015