Amory boat maker expanding, adding 30 new jobs
Published: May 29,2014
Tags: boat, City of Amory, economic development, employment, expansion, incentive, job, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Development Authority, NauticStar, Phil Faulkner
AMORY — NauticStar will expand its Monroe County factory to build larger boats, adding 30 jobs.
The recreational boat maker, which currently employs 130, announced its plans yesterday.
The privately-owned 12-year-old company says it will invest $460,000 to add 20,000 square feet, connecting two buildings that currently total 160,000 square feet.
NauticStar President Phil Faulkner says the boat market has recovered from the recession, with company recording higher sales in 2012 than it did in 2007.
The expansion will allow NauticStar to make offshore fishing boats longer than 28 feet. Currently, NauticStar makes a series of deck and fishing boats ranging in length from 18 to 25 feet.
The Mississippi Development Authority is contributing $25,000 to help pay for building modifications. Amory and Monroe County will provide property tax exemptions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping
- Jackson air fares among most expensive in the nation