Amory boat maker expanding, adding 30 new jobs
Published: May 29,2014
Tags: boat, City of Amory, economic development, employment, expansion, incentive, job, job creation, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, Mississippi Development Authority, NauticStar, Phil Faulkner
AMORY — NauticStar will expand its Monroe County factory to build larger boats, adding 30 jobs.
The recreational boat maker, which currently employs 130, announced its plans yesterday.
The privately-owned 12-year-old company says it will invest $460,000 to add 20,000 square feet, connecting two buildings that currently total 160,000 square feet.
NauticStar President Phil Faulkner says the boat market has recovered from the recession, with company recording higher sales in 2012 than it did in 2007.
The expansion will allow NauticStar to make offshore fishing boats longer than 28 feet. Currently, NauticStar makes a series of deck and fishing boats ranging in length from 18 to 25 feet.
The Mississippi Development Authority is contributing $25,000 to help pay for building modifications. Amory and Monroe County will provide property tax exemptions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators