Lucas stepping down as VP of USM-Gulf Park, but staying at school
Published: May 30,2014
Tags: administrator, Aubrey Lucas, Department of Human Capital Development, education, educator, Frances Lucas, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, Millsaps College, public university, University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park
LONG BEACH — Frances Lucas is resigning as vice president for the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park campus.
She is not going far.
Lucas will stay on with the Department of Human Capital Development. She will teach and work with doctoral students.
The announcement came yesterday in an email to USM students, faculty and staff.
Steve Miller, associate director for training and business development at the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security, will take over Lucas’ duties on an interim position beginning Monday.
Lucas has been vice president of the Gulf Park campus since 2010. She previously was president of Millsaps College in Jackson.
Her father, Aubrey K. Lucas, served as USM president for 21 years, and since stepping down in 1996, has served twice on an interim basis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year