Lucas stepping down as VP of USM-Gulf Park, but staying at school
Published: May 30,2014
Tags: administrator, Aubrey Lucas, Department of Human Capital Development, education, educator, Frances Lucas, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, Millsaps College, public university, University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park
LONG BEACH — Frances Lucas is resigning as vice president for the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park campus.
She is not going far.
Lucas will stay on with the Department of Human Capital Development. She will teach and work with doctoral students.
The announcement came yesterday in an email to USM students, faculty and staff.
Steve Miller, associate director for training and business development at the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security, will take over Lucas’ duties on an interim position beginning Monday.
Lucas has been vice president of the Gulf Park campus since 2010. She previously was president of Millsaps College in Jackson.
Her father, Aubrey K. Lucas, served as USM president for 21 years, and since stepping down in 1996, has served twice on an interim basis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case