Lucas stepping down as VP of USM-Gulf Park, but staying at school
Published: May 30,2014
Tags: administrator, Aubrey Lucas, Department of Human Capital Development, education, educator, Frances Lucas, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, Millsaps College, public university, University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park
LONG BEACH — Frances Lucas is resigning as vice president for the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park campus.
She is not going far.
Lucas will stay on with the Department of Human Capital Development. She will teach and work with doctoral students.
The announcement came yesterday in an email to USM students, faculty and staff.
Steve Miller, associate director for training and business development at the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security, will take over Lucas’ duties on an interim position beginning Monday.
Lucas has been vice president of the Gulf Park campus since 2010. She previously was president of Millsaps College in Jackson.
Her father, Aubrey K. Lucas, served as USM president for 21 years, and since stepping down in 1996, has served twice on an interim basis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money