Lucas stepping down as VP of USM-Gulf Park, but staying at school
Published: May 30,2014
Tags: administrator, Aubrey Lucas, Department of Human Capital Development, education, educator, Frances Lucas, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, Millsaps College, public university, University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Park
LONG BEACH — Frances Lucas is resigning as vice president for the University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park campus.
She is not going far.
Lucas will stay on with the Department of Human Capital Development. She will teach and work with doctoral students.
The announcement came yesterday in an email to USM students, faculty and staff.
Steve Miller, associate director for training and business development at the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security, will take over Lucas’ duties on an interim position beginning Monday.
Lucas has been vice president of the Gulf Park campus since 2010. She previously was president of Millsaps College in Jackson.
Her father, Aubrey K. Lucas, served as USM president for 21 years, and since stepping down in 1996, has served twice on an interim basis.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind