BCB shareholders approve proposed merger with The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 2,2014
HATTIESBURG — BCB Holding Company Inc. shareholders have approved the previously announced merger of BCB with and into The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association.
Concurrently, BCB’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bay Bank, an Alabama banking corporation, will be merged with and into The First, A National Banking Association.
In addition, The First Bancshares has received all requisite regulatory approvals required for the completion of the merger, which is expected to become effective as of June 30, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau