BCB shareholders approve proposed merger with The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 2,2014
HATTIESBURG — BCB Holding Company Inc. shareholders have approved the previously announced merger of BCB with and into The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association.
Concurrently, BCB’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bay Bank, an Alabama banking corporation, will be merged with and into The First, A National Banking Association.
In addition, The First Bancshares has received all requisite regulatory approvals required for the completion of the merger, which is expected to become effective as of June 30, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi