BCB shareholders approve proposed merger with The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 2,2014
HATTIESBURG — BCB Holding Company Inc. shareholders have approved the previously announced merger of BCB with and into The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association.
Concurrently, BCB’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bay Bank, an Alabama banking corporation, will be merged with and into The First, A National Banking Association.
In addition, The First Bancshares has received all requisite regulatory approvals required for the completion of the merger, which is expected to become effective as of June 30, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well