BCB shareholders approve proposed merger with The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 2,2014
HATTIESBURG — BCB Holding Company Inc. shareholders have approved the previously announced merger of BCB with and into The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association.
Concurrently, BCB’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bay Bank, an Alabama banking corporation, will be merged with and into The First, A National Banking Association.
In addition, The First Bancshares has received all requisite regulatory approvals required for the completion of the merger, which is expected to become effective as of June 30, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate