BCB shareholders approve proposed merger with The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 2,2014
HATTIESBURG — BCB Holding Company Inc. shareholders have approved the previously announced merger of BCB with and into The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association.
Concurrently, BCB’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bay Bank, an Alabama banking corporation, will be merged with and into The First, A National Banking Association.
In addition, The First Bancshares has received all requisite regulatory approvals required for the completion of the merger, which is expected to become effective as of June 30, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations