BCB shareholders approve proposed merger with The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 2,2014
HATTIESBURG — BCB Holding Company Inc. shareholders have approved the previously announced merger of BCB with and into The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association.
Concurrently, BCB’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bay Bank, an Alabama banking corporation, will be merged with and into The First, A National Banking Association.
In addition, The First Bancshares has received all requisite regulatory approvals required for the completion of the merger, which is expected to become effective as of June 30, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Community Bank names new officers
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state