BCB shareholders approve proposed merger with The First
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 2,2014
HATTIESBURG — BCB Holding Company Inc. shareholders have approved the previously announced merger of BCB with and into The First Bancshares Inc., holding company for The First, A National Banking Association.
Concurrently, BCB’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bay Bank, an Alabama banking corporation, will be merged with and into The First, A National Banking Association.
In addition, The First Bancshares has received all requisite regulatory approvals required for the completion of the merger, which is expected to become effective as of June 30, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point