Circle G Ranch, formerly owned by Elvis Presley, sold to Florida firm
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2014
HORN LAKE — The Circle G Ranch in Horn Lake has been purchased and is now officially under new ownership.
Terms were not disclosed.
The 231-acre tract, of which 163 acres is well known for once being owned by Elvis Presley and his wife, Priscilla, sits on the corner of Highway 301 and Goodman Road. The property is rich in historical features including the Honeymoon Cottage shared by Elvis and Priscilla, the stable where Elvis kept his horses, a 14-acre lake and a prominent 55 foot cross.
The property has been purchased by a group of investors led by Mississippi native, Davage “Buddy” Runnels Jr., the founder and owner of Real Estate International Inc. (REI). REI, based in Destin, Fla., is a commercial and residential development group established over 47 years ago.
Specific plans for the restoration of the property will be announced in the future.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'