Circle G Ranch, formerly owned by Elvis Presley, sold to Florida firm
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2014
HORN LAKE — The Circle G Ranch in Horn Lake has been purchased and is now officially under new ownership.
Terms were not disclosed.
The 231-acre tract, of which 163 acres is well known for once being owned by Elvis Presley and his wife, Priscilla, sits on the corner of Highway 301 and Goodman Road. The property is rich in historical features including the Honeymoon Cottage shared by Elvis and Priscilla, the stable where Elvis kept his horses, a 14-acre lake and a prominent 55 foot cross.
The property has been purchased by a group of investors led by Mississippi native, Davage “Buddy” Runnels Jr., the founder and owner of Real Estate International Inc. (REI). REI, based in Destin, Fla., is a commercial and residential development group established over 47 years ago.
Specific plans for the restoration of the property will be announced in the future.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release