Circle G Ranch, formerly owned by Elvis Presley, sold to Florida firm
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2014
HORN LAKE — The Circle G Ranch in Horn Lake has been purchased and is now officially under new ownership.
Terms were not disclosed.
The 231-acre tract, of which 163 acres is well known for once being owned by Elvis Presley and his wife, Priscilla, sits on the corner of Highway 301 and Goodman Road. The property is rich in historical features including the Honeymoon Cottage shared by Elvis and Priscilla, the stable where Elvis kept his horses, a 14-acre lake and a prominent 55 foot cross.
The property has been purchased by a group of investors led by Mississippi native, Davage “Buddy” Runnels Jr., the founder and owner of Real Estate International Inc. (REI). REI, based in Destin, Fla., is a commercial and residential development group established over 47 years ago.
Specific plans for the restoration of the property will be announced in the future.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan