Circle G Ranch, formerly owned by Elvis Presley, sold to Florida firm
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2014
HORN LAKE — The Circle G Ranch in Horn Lake has been purchased and is now officially under new ownership.
Terms were not disclosed.
The 231-acre tract, of which 163 acres is well known for once being owned by Elvis Presley and his wife, Priscilla, sits on the corner of Highway 301 and Goodman Road. The property is rich in historical features including the Honeymoon Cottage shared by Elvis and Priscilla, the stable where Elvis kept his horses, a 14-acre lake and a prominent 55 foot cross.
The property has been purchased by a group of investors led by Mississippi native, Davage “Buddy” Runnels Jr., the founder and owner of Real Estate International Inc. (REI). REI, based in Destin, Fla., is a commercial and residential development group established over 47 years ago.
Specific plans for the restoration of the property will be announced in the future.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19