Construction complete on Healthplex Performance Center
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2014
Tags: Brasfield & Gorrie, construction, Eye Group of Mississippi, Heallthplex Performance Center, health, health care, Image Optical, medical, medicine, Mississippi Baptist Health Systems, Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, Mon Ami Spa & Lasrer Center, Oswell + Nitishin, sportsplex
MADISON — General contractor Brasfield & Gorrie has completed the $16-million Healthplex Performance Center in Madison.
The two-story, 100,000-square-foot sportsplex and medical office building includes a training floor with strength and cardio equipment, indoor walking track, indoor pool, therapy pools, indoor field house and athletic field, among other amenities. The facility also features medical office clinics for the Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, the Eye Group of Mississippi, Image Optical and Mon Ami Spa & Laser Center.
The healthplex is a result of a partnership among Mississippi Baptist Health Systems and Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center as well as SouthStar, LLC and Performance Healthcare Systems, both of Franklin, Tenn. The facility provides training, treatment and therapy under one roof.
Birmingham, Ala.-based Brasfield & Gorrie served as general contractor and Oswell + Nitishin served as architect for this project, which began in November 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training