Construction complete on Healthplex Performance Center
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2014
Tags: Brasfield & Gorrie, construction, Eye Group of Mississippi, Heallthplex Performance Center, health, health care, Image Optical, medical, medicine, Mississippi Baptist Health Systems, Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, Mon Ami Spa & Lasrer Center, Oswell + Nitishin, sportsplex
MADISON — General contractor Brasfield & Gorrie has completed the $16-million Healthplex Performance Center in Madison.
The two-story, 100,000-square-foot sportsplex and medical office building includes a training floor with strength and cardio equipment, indoor walking track, indoor pool, therapy pools, indoor field house and athletic field, among other amenities. The facility also features medical office clinics for the Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, the Eye Group of Mississippi, Image Optical and Mon Ami Spa & Laser Center.
The healthplex is a result of a partnership among Mississippi Baptist Health Systems and Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center as well as SouthStar, LLC and Performance Healthcare Systems, both of Franklin, Tenn. The facility provides training, treatment and therapy under one roof.
Birmingham, Ala.-based Brasfield & Gorrie served as general contractor and Oswell + Nitishin served as architect for this project, which began in November 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement