Construction complete on Healthplex Performance Center
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 4,2014
Tags: Brasfield & Gorrie, construction, Eye Group of Mississippi, Heallthplex Performance Center, health, health care, Image Optical, medical, medicine, Mississippi Baptist Health Systems, Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, Mon Ami Spa & Lasrer Center, Oswell + Nitishin, sportsplex
MADISON — General contractor Brasfield & Gorrie has completed the $16-million Healthplex Performance Center in Madison.
The two-story, 100,000-square-foot sportsplex and medical office building includes a training floor with strength and cardio equipment, indoor walking track, indoor pool, therapy pools, indoor field house and athletic field, among other amenities. The facility also features medical office clinics for the Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, the Eye Group of Mississippi, Image Optical and Mon Ami Spa & Laser Center.
The healthplex is a result of a partnership among Mississippi Baptist Health Systems and Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center as well as SouthStar, LLC and Performance Healthcare Systems, both of Franklin, Tenn. The facility provides training, treatment and therapy under one roof.
Birmingham, Ala.-based Brasfield & Gorrie served as general contractor and Oswell + Nitishin served as architect for this project, which began in November 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino