Ocean Spray issues recall over peanut allergy risk
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Ocean Spray is voluntarily recalling two production lots of Ocean Spray Greek Yogurt Covered Craisins Dried Cranberries because the products may contain yogurt-covered peanuts.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The following eight-ounce pouches of Ocean Spray Greek Yogurt Covered Craisins Dried Cranberries are part of this recall:
- UPC # 31200 03719
- Best By Dates Feb 10, 2015 and Feb 11, 2015
The products were distributed to retail stores in Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.
The company reports it has received three consumer complaints that the product contained peanuts, but no associated illnesses were reported.
The recalled products were produced by a co-packer in Chicago and no other Ocean Spray Greek Yogurt Covered Craisins Dried Cranberries or Ocean Spray products are affected by the recall. Ocean Spray’s co-packer has reported some yogurt-covered peanuts have been packaged along with Ocean Spray Greek Yogurt Covered Craisins Dried Cranberries on two production dates in February. Ocean Spray has worked with the co-packer to identify the issue and we’re confident that this is an isolated incident and the problem has been corrected.
Affected parties can call the Ocean Spray Consumer Hotline at 1-800-662-3263, weekdays 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a coupon replacement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal