Ocean Spray issues recall over peanut allergy risk
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 5,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Ocean Spray is voluntarily recalling two production lots of Ocean Spray Greek Yogurt Covered Craisins Dried Cranberries because the products may contain yogurt-covered peanuts.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
The following eight-ounce pouches of Ocean Spray Greek Yogurt Covered Craisins Dried Cranberries are part of this recall:
- UPC # 31200 03719
- Best By Dates Feb 10, 2015 and Feb 11, 2015
The products were distributed to retail stores in Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin.
The company reports it has received three consumer complaints that the product contained peanuts, but no associated illnesses were reported.
The recalled products were produced by a co-packer in Chicago and no other Ocean Spray Greek Yogurt Covered Craisins Dried Cranberries or Ocean Spray products are affected by the recall. Ocean Spray’s co-packer has reported some yogurt-covered peanuts have been packaged along with Ocean Spray Greek Yogurt Covered Craisins Dried Cranberries on two production dates in February. Ocean Spray has worked with the co-packer to identify the issue and we’re confident that this is an isolated incident and the problem has been corrected.
Affected parties can call the Ocean Spray Consumer Hotline at 1-800-662-3263, weekdays 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a coupon replacement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring