Sun Country to begin chartered air service to the Gulf Coast’s Beau Rivage
Published: June 9,2014
BILOXI — Sun Country Airlines planes will begin carrying gamblers from Florida to the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino on Sunday.
The chartered flights on Sun Country Airlines will be five days a week, WLOX-TV reports, operating from St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Monthly charters will also be offered for passengers in Atlanta, Houston, Sanford/Orlando and about 60 other U.S. destinations.
MGM Resorts International has flown gamblers from other locations to Gulfport since 2008. In 2013, the company coordinated 656 flights, carrying more than 81,000 passengers.
The company is also paying to fly gamblers to its Gold Strike Casino Resort in northern Mississippi’s Tunica County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss