Sun Country to begin chartered air service to the Gulf Coast’s Beau Rivage
Published: June 9,2014
BILOXI — Sun Country Airlines planes will begin carrying gamblers from Florida to the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino on Sunday.
The chartered flights on Sun Country Airlines will be five days a week, WLOX-TV reports, operating from St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Monthly charters will also be offered for passengers in Atlanta, Houston, Sanford/Orlando and about 60 other U.S. destinations.
MGM Resorts International has flown gamblers from other locations to Gulfport since 2008. In 2013, the company coordinated 656 flights, carrying more than 81,000 passengers.
The company is also paying to fly gamblers to its Gold Strike Casino Resort in northern Mississippi’s Tunica County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways