Sun Country to begin chartered air service to the Gulf Coast’s Beau Rivage
Published: June 9,2014
BILOXI — Sun Country Airlines planes will begin carrying gamblers from Florida to the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino on Sunday.
The chartered flights on Sun Country Airlines will be five days a week, WLOX-TV reports, operating from St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Monthly charters will also be offered for passengers in Atlanta, Houston, Sanford/Orlando and about 60 other U.S. destinations.
MGM Resorts International has flown gamblers from other locations to Gulfport since 2008. In 2013, the company coordinated 656 flights, carrying more than 81,000 passengers.
The company is also paying to fly gamblers to its Gold Strike Casino Resort in northern Mississippi’s Tunica County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics