Sun Country to begin chartered air service to the Gulf Coast’s Beau Rivage
Published: June 9,2014
BILOXI — Sun Country Airlines planes will begin carrying gamblers from Florida to the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino on Sunday.
The chartered flights on Sun Country Airlines will be five days a week, WLOX-TV reports, operating from St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport to Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Monthly charters will also be offered for passengers in Atlanta, Houston, Sanford/Orlando and about 60 other U.S. destinations.
MGM Resorts International has flown gamblers from other locations to Gulfport since 2008. In 2013, the company coordinated 656 flights, carrying more than 81,000 passengers.
The company is also paying to fly gamblers to its Gold Strike Casino Resort in northern Mississippi’s Tunica County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life