Corinth welcomes Caterpillar stockholders
Published: June 11,2014
CORINTH, Mississippi — Caterpillar’s annual meeting of stockholders is taking place Wednesday in Corinth.
Peoria, Illinois-based Caterpillar Inc. has had a presence in Corinth for 32 years.
Caterpillar spokeswoman Rachel Potts says the company has tried in recent years to hold stockholder meetings in places where the company has facilities.
Recent shareholders meetings have been in North Little Rock, Arkansas; Greensboro, North Carolina, and San Antonio, Texas.
Corinth is home to some of Caterpillar’s Remanufacturing operations, employing some 1,200 employees.
Caterpillar also employs another 500 workers in facilities in Booneville, Oxford and Water Valley in Mississippi.
In February, Caterpillar announced a $14.8 million expansion in Corinth that will add 30 jobs to its new Large Engine Remanufacturing Facility, which builds the company’s C175 engine used for mining equipment and power generation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Owner of former hospital given deadline
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record