Corinth welcomes Caterpillar stockholders
Published: June 11,2014
CORINTH, Mississippi — Caterpillar’s annual meeting of stockholders is taking place Wednesday in Corinth.
Peoria, Illinois-based Caterpillar Inc. has had a presence in Corinth for 32 years.
Caterpillar spokeswoman Rachel Potts says the company has tried in recent years to hold stockholder meetings in places where the company has facilities.
Recent shareholders meetings have been in North Little Rock, Arkansas; Greensboro, North Carolina, and San Antonio, Texas.
Corinth is home to some of Caterpillar’s Remanufacturing operations, employing some 1,200 employees.
Caterpillar also employs another 500 workers in facilities in Booneville, Oxford and Water Valley in Mississippi.
In February, Caterpillar announced a $14.8 million expansion in Corinth that will add 30 jobs to its new Large Engine Remanufacturing Facility, which builds the company’s C175 engine used for mining equipment and power generation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015