Corinth welcomes Caterpillar stockholders
Published: June 11,2014
CORINTH, Mississippi — Caterpillar’s annual meeting of stockholders is taking place Wednesday in Corinth.
Peoria, Illinois-based Caterpillar Inc. has had a presence in Corinth for 32 years.
Caterpillar spokeswoman Rachel Potts says the company has tried in recent years to hold stockholder meetings in places where the company has facilities.
Recent shareholders meetings have been in North Little Rock, Arkansas; Greensboro, North Carolina, and San Antonio, Texas.
Corinth is home to some of Caterpillar’s Remanufacturing operations, employing some 1,200 employees.
Caterpillar also employs another 500 workers in facilities in Booneville, Oxford and Water Valley in Mississippi.
In February, Caterpillar announced a $14.8 million expansion in Corinth that will add 30 jobs to its new Large Engine Remanufacturing Facility, which builds the company’s C175 engine used for mining equipment and power generation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well