Corinth welcomes Caterpillar stockholders
Published: June 11,2014
CORINTH, Mississippi — Caterpillar’s annual meeting of stockholders is taking place Wednesday in Corinth.
Peoria, Illinois-based Caterpillar Inc. has had a presence in Corinth for 32 years.
Caterpillar spokeswoman Rachel Potts says the company has tried in recent years to hold stockholder meetings in places where the company has facilities.
Recent shareholders meetings have been in North Little Rock, Arkansas; Greensboro, North Carolina, and San Antonio, Texas.
Corinth is home to some of Caterpillar’s Remanufacturing operations, employing some 1,200 employees.
Caterpillar also employs another 500 workers in facilities in Booneville, Oxford and Water Valley in Mississippi.
In February, Caterpillar announced a $14.8 million expansion in Corinth that will add 30 jobs to its new Large Engine Remanufacturing Facility, which builds the company’s C175 engine used for mining equipment and power generation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House