VA director promises ongoing audits following report
Published: June 13,2014
JACKSON — The director of the G.V. “Sonny” Montgomery Veterans Administration Medical Center says while he’s pleased what VA audit had to say about his facility, the Jackson hospital will continue routine checks on patient care.
The Department of Veterans Affairs found in audit results released Monday patients seeking care through the Jackson medical center waited an average of 45 days for their first appointment with a primary care doctor. The audit found 97 percent of appointments were scheduled in under 30 days.
Jackson VA director Joe Battle says a shortage of doctors has contributed to scheduling delays. He says recruiting doctors is a challenge.
Battle spoke at news conference yesterday in Jackson.
The audit found the average wait time for new patients at the Gulfport VA was about 48 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status