VA director promises ongoing audits following report
Published: June 13,2014
JACKSON — The director of the G.V. “Sonny” Montgomery Veterans Administration Medical Center says while he’s pleased what VA audit had to say about his facility, the Jackson hospital will continue routine checks on patient care.
The Department of Veterans Affairs found in audit results released Monday patients seeking care through the Jackson medical center waited an average of 45 days for their first appointment with a primary care doctor. The audit found 97 percent of appointments were scheduled in under 30 days.
Jackson VA director Joe Battle says a shortage of doctors has contributed to scheduling delays. He says recruiting doctors is a challenge.
Battle spoke at news conference yesterday in Jackson.
The audit found the average wait time for new patients at the Gulfport VA was about 48 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money