VA director promises ongoing audits following report
Published: June 13,2014
JACKSON — The director of the G.V. “Sonny” Montgomery Veterans Administration Medical Center says while he’s pleased what VA audit had to say about his facility, the Jackson hospital will continue routine checks on patient care.
The Department of Veterans Affairs found in audit results released Monday patients seeking care through the Jackson medical center waited an average of 45 days for their first appointment with a primary care doctor. The audit found 97 percent of appointments were scheduled in under 30 days.
Jackson VA director Joe Battle says a shortage of doctors has contributed to scheduling delays. He says recruiting doctors is a challenge.
Battle spoke at news conference yesterday in Jackson.
The audit found the average wait time for new patients at the Gulfport VA was about 48 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ford F-150s roll into Mississippi, ahead of the pickup pack
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Nissan supplier efforts key to more Miss. output
- UNFOLDING OF A RESCUE — How Sanderson Farms saved Mississippi's PGA tour event
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Birdwatching generates big bucks for coastal economy with room to grow
- Six decades later, folks still flock to Hudson’s great deals