VA director promises ongoing audits following report
Published: June 13,2014
JACKSON — The director of the G.V. “Sonny” Montgomery Veterans Administration Medical Center says while he’s pleased what VA audit had to say about his facility, the Jackson hospital will continue routine checks on patient care.
The Department of Veterans Affairs found in audit results released Monday patients seeking care through the Jackson medical center waited an average of 45 days for their first appointment with a primary care doctor. The audit found 97 percent of appointments were scheduled in under 30 days.
Jackson VA director Joe Battle says a shortage of doctors has contributed to scheduling delays. He says recruiting doctors is a challenge.
Battle spoke at news conference yesterday in Jackson.
The audit found the average wait time for new patients at the Gulfport VA was about 48 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete