Drawbridge to be closed as modernization project nears completion
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 16,2014
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of the $8.2-million I-110 Drawbridge Rehabilitation Project, providing modernized mechanical, electrical and interior components on the bridge.
In order to complete the project, closures of I-110 will be required to conduct work at the center of the drawbridge. To minimize delays for the travelling public, closures will take place at night. Motorists are encouraged to use Highway 609 and Highway 605 as alternate north/south routes via Highway 90 and I-10.
I-110 will be closed from 9:30 p.m. until 5 a.m. June 15-19. If work remains, I-110 will close June 22-26.
MDOT Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King said, “The I-110 drawbridge was in critical need of this technological update. This major renovation provides modern day technology to increase the dependability and safety of the 40-year-old drawbridge.”
The project is scheduled for completion in a few weeks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders