Drawbridge to be closed as modernization project nears completion
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 16,2014
BILOXI — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion of the $8.2-million I-110 Drawbridge Rehabilitation Project, providing modernized mechanical, electrical and interior components on the bridge.
In order to complete the project, closures of I-110 will be required to conduct work at the center of the drawbridge. To minimize delays for the travelling public, closures will take place at night. Motorists are encouraged to use Highway 609 and Highway 605 as alternate north/south routes via Highway 90 and I-10.
I-110 will be closed from 9:30 p.m. until 5 a.m. June 15-19. If work remains, I-110 will close June 22-26.
MDOT Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King said, “The I-110 drawbridge was in critical need of this technological update. This major renovation provides modern day technology to increase the dependability and safety of the 40-year-old drawbridge.”
The project is scheduled for completion in a few weeks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image