Trustee wants to hire Maryland firm to sell frac sand facility, mine
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 18,2014
Tags: Alliance Consulting Group LLC, bankruptcy, drying facility, energy, frac sand, Heritage Equity Partners, natural gas, Oil, plant, Richard W. Cryar, sale, sell, Shale Support Services, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, wet mine
PICAYUNE — Richard W. Cryar, as Chapter 11 trustee for Alliance Consulting Group, LLC, has filed a motion with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi to hire Heritage Equity Partners (HEP) of Easton, Md., to seek a buyer for a recently built frac sand dry processing plant in conjunction with a nearby wet sand mine.
Both facilities are currently being operated by Shale Support Services.
The Drying Facility in Picayune was built to dry 1 million tons per year of frac sand to sell into the oil/gas market. The Wet Mine is a 1,600-acre sand and gravel mine located six miles from the Drying Facility, and serves as a source of feedstock for the Drying Facility. Sand is mined, washed, sorted and processed at the Wet Mine, and then transported via truck to the Drying Facility, where it is stored in a covered stockpile to wait for drying and screening into the final products.
The entire facility is controlled by a central computer system.
A motion has also been filed seeking court approval of bid procedures and an auction to be held sometime in the beginning of July.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics