MDOT finds bad bridge near school, re-posts weight limit
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2014
Tags: bridge, Bridge No. 2.3, Mississippi Department of Transportation, posted bridge, public safety, State Route 172, Tishomingo County, Tishomingo County High School, transportation, travel, weight limit
TISHOMINGO COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has identified yet another aging bridge — this one near a school — and has re-posted its weight limit.
MDOT recently evaluated the posted weight limit of Bridge No. 2.3 on State Route 172 during a routine bridge inspection. It was determined that due to the aging of the structure, the posted limit will be downgraded to 25 tons gross or 50,000 pounds.
Bridge No. 2.3 is just north of Tishomingo County High School in Tishomingo County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)