MDOT finds bad bridge near school, re-posts weight limit
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2014
Tags: bridge, Bridge No. 2.3, Mississippi Department of Transportation, posted bridge, public safety, State Route 172, Tishomingo County, Tishomingo County High School, transportation, travel, weight limit
TISHOMINGO COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has identified yet another aging bridge — this one near a school — and has re-posted its weight limit.
MDOT recently evaluated the posted weight limit of Bridge No. 2.3 on State Route 172 during a routine bridge inspection. It was determined that due to the aging of the structure, the posted limit will be downgraded to 25 tons gross or 50,000 pounds.
Bridge No. 2.3 is just north of Tishomingo County High School in Tishomingo County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast