MDOT finds bad bridge near school, re-posts weight limit
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2014
Tags: bridge, Bridge No. 2.3, Mississippi Department of Transportation, posted bridge, public safety, State Route 172, Tishomingo County, Tishomingo County High School, transportation, travel, weight limit
TISHOMINGO COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has identified yet another aging bridge — this one near a school — and has re-posted its weight limit.
MDOT recently evaluated the posted weight limit of Bridge No. 2.3 on State Route 172 during a routine bridge inspection. It was determined that due to the aging of the structure, the posted limit will be downgraded to 25 tons gross or 50,000 pounds.
Bridge No. 2.3 is just north of Tishomingo County High School in Tishomingo County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency