MDOT finds bad bridge near school, re-posts weight limit
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2014
Tags: bridge, Bridge No. 2.3, Mississippi Department of Transportation, posted bridge, public safety, State Route 172, Tishomingo County, Tishomingo County High School, transportation, travel, weight limit
TISHOMINGO COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has identified yet another aging bridge — this one near a school — and has re-posted its weight limit.
MDOT recently evaluated the posted weight limit of Bridge No. 2.3 on State Route 172 during a routine bridge inspection. It was determined that due to the aging of the structure, the posted limit will be downgraded to 25 tons gross or 50,000 pounds.
Bridge No. 2.3 is just north of Tishomingo County High School in Tishomingo County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three