MDOT finds bad bridge near school, re-posts weight limit
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 20,2014
Tags: bridge, Bridge No. 2.3, Mississippi Department of Transportation, posted bridge, public safety, State Route 172, Tishomingo County, Tishomingo County High School, transportation, travel, weight limit
TISHOMINGO COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has identified yet another aging bridge — this one near a school — and has re-posted its weight limit.
MDOT recently evaluated the posted weight limit of Bridge No. 2.3 on State Route 172 during a routine bridge inspection. It was determined that due to the aging of the structure, the posted limit will be downgraded to 25 tons gross or 50,000 pounds.
Bridge No. 2.3 is just north of Tishomingo County High School in Tishomingo County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal